walkersgaming's Ban appeal

In Game Name:
walkersgaming

Moderator Who Banned You:
Epsilon29

Reason Why That Moderator Banned You:
Illegal logout trap

Why We Should Read Your Appeal:
I strongly believe that no rules have been broken, so I will explain the turn of events and please could Epsilon tell me what we did wrong.

Appeal:
Yesterday Dptornado raided Aera in red faction, he was there for the soul purpose of PvP and killed one of Aera's members. Myself and another arcation member run over to Aera to try and help out our friends. I see Dptornado and chase him, he soon gives up the chase and logs off to avoid PvP.
I begin to build a trap where his log off point is, the trap is still in red faction about 100 blocks from Aera. I am then joined by other Aera & arcation members, many of whom are respected members, none of us saw anything wrong with the trap, if we did then it would not have existed.

Dptornado then logs in, I see he is trapped so I log off for a bit. Upon returning I see him trying to ender pearl through the hoppers in the corner, he logs out as soon as I log on.

I will now show how I interpreted the rule on log out traps.

Log-Out Traps are allowed if they are removed within a reasonable amount of time.
This means that you can build them where people log out as long as it is not within claimed land. They must not force people to /kill but must kill them as quickly as possible other wise its just a griefing tool.

The trap was eventually rigged up so that the player would drown, so I see nothing wrong there.

As for the amount of time its up to moderators about how long is reasonable but will not exceed 24 hours unless it is built on land that they own or have permission from the owner to leave the trap there.

The trap was built near to Aera in red faction, no other buildings near it, we then built a house around the trap. To show that the land is claimed even more.

If this is truely against the rules, I do not understand why, someone who has come to another faction to PvP, has logged off when faced by a equal force and a player trap has then been made to kill him. I know this has been a problem in the past with people making these traps, hence the rule. So when we get banned after closely following the rule, it leaves me confused.

I would also like to say that Legion were not very gracious about the situation, they would rather watch people get banned then have there own player freed from a trap. Multiple people said we were going to be banned finding it rather funny, when we asked what is wrong with it, they said they wouldn't tell. It's pretty sad they are willing to laugh and get people banned then just tell us what is wrong with the trap, if they had made the problem clear to us we would have removed it.

So if the trap was against the rules I am sorry for trapping dptornado/anonymousV in an illegal trap and please can I be unbanned/ ban shortened.

-Walkers
walkersgaming

Re: walkersgaming's ban appeal.

Postby Epsilon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 pm

The trap was an illegal non killing trap for hours before it was made into a proper killing trap. The logs show the water was placed well after that trap itself was made. As such it was an illegal trap and you have been banned for an appropriate amount of time accordingly. Had the trap not been "fixed" it would have been a week long ban or more. Instead you are banned for 2 days.
Epsilon

Postby walkersgaming » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Epsilon wrote:The trap was an illegal non killing trap for hours before it was made into a proper killing trap. The logs show the water was placed well after that trap itself was made. As such it was an illegal trap and you have been banned for an appropriate amount of time accordingly. Had the trap not been "fixed" it would have been a week long ban or more. Instead you are banned for 2 days.

Just to verify, we have been banned for making a trap that was against the rules, it was then changed to work with the rules and we still get banned?

If so that is entirely my fault, the /kill trap was my idea asI miss read the rules. Grim just helped place some blocks & MLK wasn't even online when it was built. He actually logged on, heard about the trap and went and fixed it. So if anyone has broken the rules, it is just me.

I would also like to add that during the entire time it was a /kill trap there was a player around the trap. Maybe not for like 10mins but most of the time there was. So if he didn't just keep logging to avoid PvP, he would have been killed.

-Walkers
walkersgaming

Postby Epsilon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:26 pm

The reason you were banned was because of the amount of time the trap remained illegal. Because of this I shortened the ban to a mere 2 days instead of the week or more it could have been. Whether or not there was a player present around the trap is irrelevant, and so is whether or not the trap player was logging out. making a kill trap is relatively easy and letting someone get away is trivial when compared to breaking the rules.

It seems I am to understand that you are taking responsibility for this situation. In which case I will unban the other two. But I want to be perfectly clear that under no circumstances is it okay to break a rule just because you just had to kill that guy.

It might interest you to know that Dptornado has been banned for abusing multiple accounts to circumvent a ban. However all of his items in his person have been placed in the chests below the trap.
Epsilon

Postby walkersgaming » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Ok thank you for understanding. It was a genuine mistake on my part, I simply skimmed over the rules to fast to fully interperet them.

The log out trap was mainly built because after killing a Aera member on their land he then ran off and logged when faced by a guy in equal armour. So I was pretty mad. At least I and others know for the future

-Walkers
walkersgaming

Postby Epsilon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Quick edit: It seems that a moderator removed the trap in question and the materials and loot are currently in the mod vault. They will be returned to you upon your ban expiring.
Epsilon

Return to Denied Ban Appeals