Do people hate me?

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Do people hate me?

Postby 128keaton » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 am

Sorry if this is odd, but since people won't join my group, constantly make fun of me in TeamSpeak, and won't even come to my parties, something is messed up. Do people hate me? If so, I am probably going to stop playing VanillaCraft, as the community is the only thing keeping me here. I do a lot of work on my own, and have no one to share it with.
128keaton

Re: Do people hate me?

Postby Tarkanon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 am

Hate is a very strong word mate, especially here on an internet community.

If anything, I'd say it's simply that people don't know you. You also seem to like making groups or starting projects then cancelling them if they don't get instant recognition. I remember when you first started up Xryro, you posted within a few hours that the idea was stopped because nobody had asked to join. Something tells me the same thing is happening now with your Mesa town idea.

You need to give it time mate. Raging in chat also didn't help either I'm sure.
Tarkanon

Postby knightprodigy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:40 am

Read what Tarkanon said. And you might not want to scream in teamspeak all the time :p
Happiness is bacon squares for breakfast.
I like tortoises. =3
knightprodigy

Postby piethingey » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:56 am

Keat, I felt the same as you once.
Let papa piethingey take you back on an adventure through VC.

Young piethingey started out as he borrowed a unused friends account and split off from the mj5280 account which he shared. Soon after joining on V4, piethingey made enemies with some people including big names such as: gogyst, Lordofthedance7, SHADOWSCREED, WalkersGaming, mj5280, NekMinet and kmandy due to his childish attitude and assholeiness radiating from him. Soon afterwards though, piethingey proved himself by helping the VC community in many ways and starting the OKLAHOMA BEARS (cult?) with gogyst. Now I'm not hated as much besides the following: mj5280 (If I forgot anyone, please let me know.)

As you can see keat, if you prove yourself to everyone, we will love you and hug you and eat you.
Stay classy Vanilla Craft.
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby xMJ5280x » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:04 am

Pie, the name papa Pie is plagiarized from RayTunes posting his name as the alias "Papa RayRay" and I would hardly call the Oklahoma Bears a cult, actually I wouldn't call it one at all

Second Keat, hates a strong word, yes you will get flamed many times, its happened to me too back before I put 1 millisecond more into think what I do and don't post in chat or say on TS. And Keat, the best way to make it back and have the community respect you more is to do something helpful or amazing, build a cool building, or just give noobs recourses and help them with there troubles on VC. And about groups; make sure your giving them abit of time, many of us already have groups, so try to do what TGE does and recruit noobs by the handful.
xMJ5280x

Postby RayTunes » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:30 am

xMJ5280x wrote:Pie, the name papa Pie is plagiarized from RayTunes posting his name as the alias "Papa RayRay"

?????????????????????????????????
RayTunes

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:56 am

in reference to earlier today, you would not be quiet even when asked multiple times by both players and moderators.

Ryan was talking himself through coding while eps was giving input and you kept interupting everyones mini conversations.

Do people hate you? No, but remember that you're young and not all of the old people have patience that young people often require.

I hope you stick around, you're a valuable player to this server
ubiwubikanubi

Postby gogyst » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 am

Nope.

128keaton wrote:constantly make fun of me in TeamSpeak

Nobody constantly makes fun of you either, but I will say that not screaming and having random insane bursts of weird noises might fix your TeamSpeak experience.
gogyst

Postby Lozano37 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:49 am

We don't at all hate you. You just need to learn to take a breath and relax. Things don't always have to be hyped up. Being comfortable with silence is a good thing to practice.
Lozano37

Postby Tautochrone » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

Gogyst wrote:not screaming and having random insane bursts of weird noises might fix your TeamSpeak experience.

^that.
Tautochrone

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 pm

My personal take on a group is that you will NOT be able to get most established players to join your group. If you do, it will be slim pickings. The best way, as mentioned, to establish your group is to find new players who are interested in joining. Heck, you can even get creative with it and do some outside sourcing. Use resources such as Facebook, promoting your clan at your school, YouTube, PMC, etc, to spread your product out among a huge market. He who fishes for a long time has a better chance of catching something than he who fishes for a minute.

I saw your property, it was very nice. I had loosely considered joining Xryro after your very nice tour, but I ultimately chose THP because I just felt a bit more comfortable with them (perhaps it is the age gap, both Tauto and Jolly are more in my age bracket). It is nothing against you, you are a good person. Keep up the hard work!
BirdBrainf4

Postby 128keaton » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:52 pm

You guys are all right. Thanks, I will try harder.
128keaton

Postby RiderxBoys » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 am

If you want to start up a new group, you either have to be prepared months before the server release or find a stream of people from outside, as Bird had said. The nature of VC has tended towards nearly everyone being in some group or other, and people aren't very likely to change from a group they've already spent months working with. I love the concept of Xryro and their builds, but the server population isn't what it was in V4 and the stream of new players has subsided. It's not easy to get people even remotely interested in an unproven project.
RiderxBoys

Location: Diffracting myself with a deBroglie wavelength of 1.559x10^-35 m

Postby glibby » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 am

RiderxBoys wrote:but the server population isn't what it was in V4 and the stream of new players has subsided. It's not easy to get people even remotely interested in an unproven project.

TGE seems exempt from this...
glibby

Postby Abbie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:15 am

ALWAYS SHOUT AND MAKE WEIRD NOISES ON TEAMSPEAK

i get bored in the mornings okay

It's not like I like this server Ryan doesn't even know his own rules..
Abbie

Postby walkersgaming » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 am

Then why did you use 5 accounts to get around your ban?
walkersgaming

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:54 pm

glibby wrote:
RiderxBoys wrote:but the server population isn't what it was in V4 and the stream of new players has subsided. It's not easy to get people even remotely interested in an unproven project.

TGE seems exempt from this...

Well, I will say this in Tbone's favor. I know Tbone has some ideas for TGE, and at the time, I simply was not seeing things come to fruition, and was not a big fan of a huge random city. Tbone has some specific goals he wants to accomplish, and TGE might come around here soon enough.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ptorre » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Ok, I feel. I can connect the best with Keaton's situation. Obviously me and him are around the same age and our voices are pretty high (mine is higher). So let me tell you my story like a draw my life vanilla craft version. So back in V3 I started as a young noob. It was around September of 2011 I believe. My friend shark3210410 got me into this server. Now take in mind that I was very unfamiliar with multiplayer as I mostly played single player. This concept of rules was strange to me and same with multiplayer but I quickly adapted. Then around a month or two later the server reset. And obviously I was like WTF so I asked Shark and he said its normal so I'm like cool. Then V4 was born. I had no where to go and didn't know what to do so I waited a week or two and my friend Shark said he and Nytewarrior made a red faction base. So I was like ok keel I'll go check it out. So I go to the coordinates he gave me and plopped down a nice small wood/cobble castle. So 3-4 weeks pass and said castle grew and I learned more about multiplayer and PVP than ever before. The concept of PVP in minecraft was new aswell since I played single player. So then one day I was in my house nice and comfy and here comes Rider X Boys and Lusey70 I was like O Shiiii so I out my (poorly enchanted) diamond armor on and had like 50 dmg pots ready to go. I boxed myself in and prepared to fight. When they entered my basement where I was and saw my armor and pots they RAN. I was so pleased and happy. Yet I still was a nobody. So I just mined and mined for maybe 3-5 weeks and got iron and diamonds. Then one day another raid came this time it was a Thp member (I didn't know at the time what THP was) So I had planned prior to this raiding and made a door trap. Mad dog in knowing of said trap walked right through my front door. The floor beneath him fell and down he went. He died. I got prot IV and a Sharp IV I was so happy. Then I looked at chat he was like WTF gg lol gj ptorre then he talked about my trap. Then I felt pretty happy and people actually heard that story. Then one day after that I was going to make a trade and some one said I will give a Diamond Shovel for something so I said Ok I got something. We went to spawn and went to the trade house. This is the first time I traded with someone and I believe it was Wringelle. So he tosses me the shovel and I tossed him half a stack of lapis blocks. Then I got called to dinner and said gtg and left. An hour later tried logging on and said I got banned. So I went to the forums and made an account and appealed. I got unbanned and was happy. Then a few weeks pass again and I heard of a group in Blue called R7K and talked to Lusey about it since she was in it. And since she knew me from that raid she talked about R7K had that one raid not happened I would never have had the chance to talk to her about R7K and she talked to Dominumnomnom about it and actually got me in. I was happy yet sad since I had to leave red. But I checked into the Ritz Carlton and got settled in. Then me and Lusey talked more and she gave me a tour she was in the Italy themed place owned by Jared the rocker and since that was full I couldn't join. But next door was the Egypt theme area owned by Wiseone2010 and I joined. So then I talked to wise one and he said I can be a mayor of a town but I have to build the town. So I made an Egyptian themed town and wise one was pleased. So I took the job of recruiting people to join my town and managed to get LORDOFTHEDANCE7 to join who was brothers with Beatman and since beatman was popular so was lord (a little bit). So then my name got thrown around just like with mad dog falling in my trap. So people started to hear about me. So the point of this all keaton is you're pretty new. You need time for people to get to know you. You cant expect eveyone to instantly like you at first. You need time. And of course we both still get crap for our voices but who cares. They were squeekers once. Just be patient and hey I dont hate you :)
Last edited by ptorre on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptorre

Postby MadDogT994 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm

When The Order was getting started, we had a solid plan of action months before the new map started, even though we weren't going to be active until then. The membership seems to have dropped off a bit, myself included, but we had a really good start and recruited heavily from people we knew and considered solid players.

Now that the map is open, you don't have that luxury of planning and waiting. You need to have a plan already in the mix in order to garner peoples attention. If you really want new people, just make sure it's clear that they don't have to be exclusive to your group and can remain with the groups they've already become established with. That way nobody has their feelings hurt and you still get people to help see your vision come to life. Just my $0.02 of advice.
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadDogT994

Postby Abbie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Hahahhahaha 5 accounts?

Confessedsnail went in a mood with me when she tried to log on but got 'multi account of ABB13' because she's just my friend haha
Abbie

Next

Return to Archived topics