4th of july

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

4th of july

Postby RayTunes » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:29 pm

it's that day of the year again, where we celebrate nothing less than:

• that we're not and far from a third world country and living more comfortable lives than many other people
• we acknowledge that good things the people in history have done
• that the american lifestyle is in a lot of ways pretty damn awesome
• it's one of the best places in the world to go on vacation & a lot of amazing nature/cities are located here
• many aspects of life in a developed country have been shaped or improved by the US
• although not even close to barely enough, at least there have been some steps taken to LGBT community support
• compared to some other countries, quite a lot of states have cheaper goods and (larger, better) homes
• there's a lot of potential to be found in the US
• macaroni grill is a great restaurant like damn

but also

• members of the non-straight/trans/etc community whose rights still aren't recognised
• adults being unable to handle concepts like abortion and gay adoption
• high fructose corn syrup still gets thrown into 75% of food and food in general is disgustingly low quality
• net neutrality getting taken down and freedom of speech being "recognised" in the most minimal and insulting manner
• biased, homophobic people who believe Christianity plays a role in politics are allowed to be part of running a country
• Obama's more sensible choices (Supporting LGBT community/gay adoption/equal payment for women) are completely ignored by most people
• native people who don't like the 4th get told to shut up whilst this person saying so puts on his recently bought native american merchandise that people keep pointing out really insults and mocks the native culture
• that we're getting loaded up with propaganda, our information gets collected and sold, and that the government is really not out there caring oh so much for us and wanting the best for us and that we could still do with some more freedom
• College is too expensive and the education system is outdated & despite constant studies stating it's uninspiring and often leading to stress/depressive emotions at way too young ages we just sorta never do anything about it

so there we go, 24 hours to celebrate a great lifestyle, homophobia, awesome nature, more potential to grow than in most countries, low standards for food and people in the 1700's were rad. get that greatest patriotic hits CD rolling, and post some firework pics if you have any
RayTunes

Re: 4th of july

Postby CoachCoppock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Uncle Sam wrote:We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.
CoachCoppock

Postby RayTunes » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:38 pm

RayTunes

Postby MrLittleKitty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Here ray, go post your crap where people will actually care:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Liberal/

Those places are full of uneducated nuts who will agree with you whole-heartedly.
MrLittleKitty

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 pm

This is one occasion I definitely won't celebrate. C'mon America! Come back to mama!
V2DISCOUNT

Postby kmandyisaboss » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:14 pm

You're out of line mate. I'm not fan of liberal politics either. And I feel Ray is currently missing the absolute worst parts of the Obama administration - their fuck you to everyone's sovereignty. I also feel that the statement "believe Christianity plays a role in politics" is really, really stupid. I mean grasshopper level pull-apart-able. (if there's politicians who believe it is influential and let it influence their policy making - as it does in the Republican South - it plays a role in politics *facepalm*). However, he has every right to his "wrong opinion" (LOGIC PREVAILS!)! So please screw off and recede into your kitten basket.

P.S. Obama openly said he thought marriage should be between man and a woman. Helping LGBT my anus.
kmandyisaboss

Postby MrLittleKitty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:43 pm

I ain't even close to out of line m8. All I did was call it crap and point out that there are uneducated nuts on those subreddits. That is very much inside of line.
MrLittleKitty

Postby MrPalmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 am

MrLittleKitty wrote:Here ray, go post your crap where people will actually care:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Liberal/

Those places are full of uneducated nuts who will agree with you whole-heartedly.

Nope, can confirm you were definitely out of the metaphorical line. You provided no counter arguments, you used several fallacies including generalization of a group of people, ad hominem (insulting the arguer instead of addressing his arguments), and implying people do not care about the arguer's position (ex statua). Your post was completely useless and un-nessasary. Try again, without fallacy this time.

Also, i happen to agree with ray on some of his points, and hopefully you don't see me as an "uneducated nut." As soon as I get to a proper computer, I am happy to have a rational political debate with either of you.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby Scrumpingpup » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:24 am

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMM

"Mexico upside down is... Wexico"
- Bebeman123 while extremely high.
Scrumpingpup

Postby Vacar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:10 am

Yeah, please take this shit elsewhere Ray.

Normally I can tolerate your randomness, but this post is bullshit and just exists to make Americans feel less of themselves. Let us enjoy our one day.

I just worked a 12 hour shift at a pub and the amount of happiness and joy in the spirits of everyone was refreshing. Having some pride in the country you live in is ok.
Vacar

Postby MrPalmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:15 am

MrPalmer wrote:As soon as I get to a proper computer, I am happy to have a rational political debate with either of you.

Make that any three of you!
MrPalmer

Postby Clark66415 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 am

Every morning i wake up, do 50 'Murica cheers. I then go to the make me a jug of coffee in my 'Murica mug. In my forest i practice shooting with my M16. As you can see i am a full blown 'Murican! So i think this image contains the very essence of my country.
Clark66415

Postby Vacar » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:20 am

MrPalmer wrote:
MrPalmer wrote:As soon as I get to a proper computer, I am happy to have a rational political debate with either of you.

Make that any three of you!

I'm not sure if this was aimed at me, but I have zero interest in politics.

I wholeheartedly agree with MLK for once; not the place or the time for this garbage.
Vacar

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:29 am

Archive please. As an American this thread is not only insulting, but completely out of line. I don't care if you don't like the holiday, but leave it alone. I can only imagine if this thread was posted about religious holiday. Many people are proud of this holiday and it's crazy to me how many people are just so oblivious to that. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby Tautochrone » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:32 am

Why do you fools continue to feed the attention whore?
Tautochrone

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:22 am

Tautochrone wrote:Why do you fools continue to feed the attention whore?

Just asking for an archive and giving my reasons for it.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby MrPalmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:18 am

I count 9 pros and 9 cons. I don't understand why this is being treated as a negative post; political discussion and open debate about our country's problems is a fundamental part of the Bill Of Rights. I am shocked that you guys seem to love the United States so much, and at the same time want a thread about politics shut down. America isn't perfect; today, of all days, we should strive to encourage discourse, discussion, and free speech, liberal and conservative alike. In my eyes, asking for this thread to be archived is tantamount to censorship. If you disagree with Ray, speak up and explain why! Debate! That's how problems are solved, and that's the principle our country was founded on.
MrPalmer

Postby gogyst » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:29 am

This is so fucking amusing.
gogyst

Postby MrPalmer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:31 am

Edited for smartassery. See previous post.
MrPalmer

4th of july

Postby RayTunes » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:22 pm

because i actually wanted to see some firework pics - did anyone take any?

--

to make a quick note because you know i always gotta say what i want to: i wasn't attempting to belittle or insult the states. I live in the states, and like the states. i simply feel that people who dislike the 4th (which isn't me entirely - i do celebrate the day) shouldn't be silenced, especially not in the way people often tend to do. now don't go replying to this, do it in PM if you really have to, because my point wasn't to go "buhh fuck america" but rather to support both people who enjoy and don't enjoy the holiday (which are more than you think if you don't look into it, and it's nothing anti-american. at least not the people im talking about). i feel people have the right to be patriotic and express they're feelings, but i also feel that, especially since this is more of a personal thing to me, it should be perfectly okay for people to discuss and remind others that they're lacking very basic rights. but anyway, enough about that, just felt like i'd point out that i wasn't trying to make some "america sucks lmao" speech. i'll also say that the way i formatted the post, was done with some pretty bad taste and i apologise for that. i'm not backing away from what i said in the previous thread, but going over the post again it did sort of come across like i was trying to shame anyone into enjoying the 4th, which isn't the case. but again, not the point of the thread, PMs will do just fine.
RayTunes

Next

Return to Archived topics