VC is no longer failing. VC is no longer dead. (hopefully)

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

VC is no longer failing. VC is no longer dead. (hopefully)

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:59 pm

Have to say, the recent numbers that have been appearing on Vanillacraft over the last few days are really encouraging for the future of this server. Whatever we've been doing that's been encouraging more people to join is working! I've had to help quite a few new players out with issues and I'm really enjoying it. :)
I noticed 4-5 people online at off-peak hours and over 10 people online at the peak hours when we used to get 5-6 people. And of course we were getting 20 people online on Sunday! This is a really good sign and I hope it stays like this.
V2DISCOUNT

Re: VC is no longer failing. VC is no longer dead. (hopefull

Postby walkersgaming » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:15 pm

It's definitely picked up and all of a sudden new names are appearing which in turn is encouraging older names to reappear. I think a few more tweaks around spawn/starter and our retention will further improve.
I've gathered the materials and hope to help ryan implement starter roads into the starter regen, plus maybe a tree farm.
walkersgaming

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 pm

At the moment, (noon to 3-4pm GMT) is a time when barely anyone is on but today I'm seeing 4 players who are all new staying on! It's really quite amazing. Could it be the summer that is encouraging so many people to come on?
V2DISCOUNT

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:39 pm

No V2, you are the reason. Not just you...but people who are actually working together as a team to make the server great. You are putting effort into the server, and that helps.

One thing that gave Vanillacraft a "free ride" in the beginning was that it was one of the few servers, and it built a name for itself as a known server. Soon, there became so many more options...so what seperates one server from another at that point is helpful staff. I still believe plugins play a minimal role, and a good community plays a large role.

Your hard work is coming to pass, keep up the good work man.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:06 am

BirdBrainf4 wrote:Your hard work is coming to pass, keep up the good work man.

What do you mean by this statement exactly? This seems directed at V2D alone... however there are A LOT of different persons involved in trying to pull things back together on VC... just as there seem to be forces at work that want to try and tear us apart...
ViralVendetta

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 am

It was a word of encouragement to him. You must have missed the 2nd line I wrote - " Not just you...but people who are actually working together as a team to make the server great."

The statement is literal. He is active, and that will make an impact. All players who work as a unit to help bring in new players and establish them on the server will be labeled under that line. That would include you.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:16 am

Yeah idk... lately it just feels pointless to try... especially when there's poaching going on... :cry:
ViralVendetta

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 am

Well, I wouldn't give up. One thing you have that is really good is a group of players that have worked together for years. This server has the goods. All it takes is exactly what you have been doing.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MrPalmer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:24 am

ViralVendetta wrote:especially when there's poaching going on...

He's talking about you, in case you couldn't tell. Don't patronize us.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 am

Doesn't do us any good at all if other servers are copying us and advertising themselves in our player base... especially during moments when we're struggling. It's happened a few times to VC, including the recent one... It just sucks to see everything we work for get poached off by others who can't build a good server on their own.
ViralVendetta

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:32 am

I don't understand why everyone is continuing to talk about other servers in this forum. No mention of other servers was ever made by anyone using VC resources except the two of you in this thread. It'd probably be best to just stop talking about other servers and move on with the good work you've all accomplished.
yourebadgetmad

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 am

yourebadgetmad wrote:I don't understand why everyone is continuing to talk about other servers in this forum. No mention of other servers was ever made by anyone using VC resources except the two of you in this thread. It'd probably be best to just stop talking about other servers and move on with the good work you've all accomplished.

I'ma throw all my cards on the table right now in stating this...

I absolutely LOVE how clever you guys THINK you are. And the thing about not using any of VC's resources to recruit is complete BS. I've got it on good authority that you've at the very least used our VC steam group. So please stop playing stupid already. AND PLEASE... get an original idea for once...
ViralVendetta

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:00 am

Hey Viral, in case you want to continue to continue your accusations (And this goes for you too hotshot Palmer) - put your money where your mouth is. Find one time where I used a VC resource to advertise anything. Until then, you are blowing smoke.

I spent a lot of time on this server trying to encourage players, and STILL have done way more encouraging than most players, yet you want to lash out at me? Makes perfect sense.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 am

Bird I'm so glad you were the guy to respond!

I want to assure you that:

#1. You're the worst "helpful" player I've seen on VC in awhile. I had you figured out from day one. Others are catching on though, including certain anonymous players who have in fact been approached by you or one of your staff on the VC steam group.

#2. Due to these players anonymity... I will leave it to them to divulge when and how they were approached.

#3. I like how your rules mimic VC's almost verbatim... especially considering your server was a towny...

#4. THP (Tatuo and jolly especially) I'm very sorry to see you guys go. You guys had some great things going for new players, and one particular very amazing build that I was hoping to see finished (the Chateau near the contest builds). Good luck to you!
ViralVendetta

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:12 am

The hostility is truly unbecoming for a grown man. As I've said, and which holds true, no VC resources themselves were ever used to talk about a server, in which you continue to talk about. If you believe a steam group was used, that would fall under the category of no VC resources as VC funds / administration does not cover a steam group. As an adult it's an important skill to use your words to express your feelings in a calm, coherent manner if you want to be taken seriously. I apologize for whatever got your jimmies so rustled, but I assure you, the rustled jimmies are misplaced.
yourebadgetmad

Postby MrPalmer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:14 am

To quell the BS. EDITED, thanks, ybgm.

Last edited by MrPalmer on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:16 am

Thanks for advertising a screenshot of a server address. You probably should edit that. And again, steam groups are not a VC resource.
yourebadgetmad

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:24 am

Also in case anyone was curious to false accusations.

Way to play victim boss. Sorry you had to do that to yourself. Edits are for server information that should not be posted here.
yourebadgetmad

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:34 am

Issue resolved Thread locked, sorry V2 for the derail
ubiwubikanubi

Return to Archived topics