Vanillacraft Community Pickles Thread

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Lozano37 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm

gogyst wrote:Jesus told me you were Satan and that you should add me back once you see the light of Jesus and the add button.


What's really funny is that my brother's Steam profile is named Anti-Christ
User avatar
Lozano37
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:24 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby MadDogT994 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Tautochrone wrote:
MadDogT994 wrote:Perhaps with Ubi/THP leaving VC and the majority of other Staff members inactive or partially active they'll reconsider and go through the applications again.


I was going to point out that I've been playing on VC for the past 2-3 weeks regularly and that we haven't neccessarly left...but now that I know my stuff is claim-proof for all of eternity, peace out bitches.!


Tautochrone wrote:THP has dissolved.

All members shall maintain ownership on all THP builds (a formality).

Some people are sticking it out on VC but, for the most part, THP has left the server.


Just working with what I've been given. I haven't been around much lately.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:14 am

MadDogT994 wrote:Just working with what I've been given. I haven't been around much lately.


It's ok, no worries. You're stuff is safe forever. The claim rules no longer apply to pre-v6 players!
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Ryan00793 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 am

Tautochrone wrote:
MadDogT994 wrote:Just working with what I've been given. I haven't been around much lately.


It's ok, no worries. You're stuff is safe forever. The claim rules no longer apply to pre-v6 players!


Please cry more about not getting to claim Maldechem's stuff when all you wanted was to troll.
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
User avatar
Ryan00793
Site Admin
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:38 am

Ryan00793 wrote:Please cry more about not getting to claim Maldechem's stuff when all you wanted was to troll.


Please just make shit up on the spot more because you're upset I was following the rules that have been in place for years.

The only reason Ubi even let us put that claim sign up in the first place was because we promised to preserve everything that was there. What an uninformed, apathetic prick you are.
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Ryan00793 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:47 am

Tautochrone wrote:I was going to point out that I've been playing on VC for the past 2-3 weeks regularly and that we haven't neccessarly left...but now that I know my stuff is claim-proof for all of eternity, peace out bitches.!


Tautochrone wrote:It's ok, no worries. You're stuff is safe forever. The claim rules no longer apply to pre-v6 players!

Please point me to where the claim rules are written also, no tears please.
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
User avatar
Ryan00793
Site Admin
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 am

It's sad how little you give a shit and still keep this going.
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby RayTunes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 am

You know what it would actually be super cool if VC was a sort of gaming in general forum and we just had a bunch of discussion and debate over that. I don't think I'm wrong when I say most people find the stuff we talk about on the forums thirty times more interesting and engaging than the MC chat.
Image
User avatar
RayTunes
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: Mike Huckabee

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:31 am

Lozano37 wrote:What's really funny is that my brother's Steam profile is named Anti-Christ

Oh, I think an anti christ tried to add me on steam a while ago. No wonder it's your brother behind the lame account.

MadDogT994 wrote:In reply to one of your points vacar:

When I was a Mod, we didn't just teleport players whenever, even if it was for a server event. There were exceptions, but it was on a case-by-case basis and generally while investigating grief, etc. I can't imagine that they would start teleporting players for tournaments now.

That was then, this is now. Some mods take it for granted that they can abuse their powers however they like. One of the examples would be moldy teleporting invisible to the Arcation base and shooting one of our members with arrows for fun.
Kind of pisses you off when you're an ex mod and you weren't supposed to even lift a finger if it wasn't for mod duty. And to think that mods like anti social moldy get accepted while your application doesn't even get a polite response.

Btw nice chick fight between Ryan and Tauto, that made me laugh.
Image
User avatar
gogyst
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am
Location: Croatia, Europe

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:31 pm

gogyst wrote: Some mods take it for granted that they can abuse their powers however they like. One of the examples would be moldy teleporting invisible to the Arcation base and shooting one of our members with arrows for fun.
Kind of pisses you off when you're an ex mod and you weren't supposed to even lift a finger if it wasn't for mod duty. And to think that mods like anti social moldy get accepted while your application doesn't even get a polite response.


Sounds like Viking. I caught him doing it to me back on v4.

Btw nice chick fight between Ryan and Tauto, that made me laugh.


Thanks, it just kinda sucks when he starts pulling BS new rules out of his ass on the spot in order to prevent a legitimate claim on assign inactive mod from going through. Setting as how there's no WRN station at malde's place but one was planned it would've been nice to be able to build one. But he considers that trolling, so whatever.
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Tautochrone wrote:No WRN tunnels on THP property ever. Final answer.


Even if we could build a station there it would be useless because you guys at THP won't allow us through your territory so it would be a station with no way to access the rest of the network due to Maldechem being blocked on 3 sides. And if you remember one was planned at THP as well. But because we don't want to be dicks we've kindly removed that one and are completely ignoring THP and going around it.
Image
User avatar
V2DISCOUNT
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: The North Bit of Ireland.

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Tautochrone wrote:Sounds like Viking. I caught him doing it to me back on v4.

Nonono, it wasn't viking in my case. Moldy is just a nickname for Maldechem.
Tautochrone wrote:Thanks

You don't have to thank me for laughing at your discussion.
Image
User avatar
gogyst
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am
Location: Croatia, Europe

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:02 pm

V2DISCOUNT wrote:
Tautochrone wrote:No WRN tunnels on THP property ever. Final answer.


Even if we could build a station there it would be useless because you guys at THP won't allow us through your territory so it would be a station with no way to access the rest of the network due to Maldechem being blocked on 3 sides. And if you remember one was planned at THP as well. But because we don't want to be dicks we've kindly removed that one and are completely ignoring THP and going around it.


Read what I posted today plz
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Oh, Sorry, never saw that. My bad.
Image
User avatar
V2DISCOUNT
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: The North Bit of Ireland.

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Ryan00793 wrote:Please point me to where the claim rules are written also, no tears please.


viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8

Per server rules -
What can be Claimed?
You can claim any property belonging to a player that has gone "Inactive." Inactivity is defined as follows:

- Less than 1 day of time /played: 2 Weeks = Inactive.
- Less than 3 days of time /played: 4 Weeks = Inactive.
- More than 3 days of time /played: 6 Weeks = Inactive.

- Permanently Banned with no appeal filed: 2 Weeks = Inactive.
- Permanently Banned with an appeal denied: 1 Week = Inactive.

Number of weeks refers to time since the "last seen" date when you use /playerinfo.

According to the server rules, a player who has been inactive for 6 weeks = their property is available to be claimed.

Considering that the purpose of this claim would be to assist in server transportation, which would be highly favorable to V2, I think it wouldn't hurt to allow a claim here.

PLUS, there are no edits to this rules, which have been in existence for a long time - I see that some of the verbage states 2012. Perhaps a re-evaluation of the rules would be fair, so that players can expect what is and what is not legal. If there is a rule change that would allow certain players to retain unclaimable property, it should be stated, so that all players can understand the rules.
User avatar
BirdBrainf4
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 pm

If Ryan deems the reason to not be valid, then that's his right as owner/operator of the server. His decisions supersede the authority of ubi and all of the other Mods. Every claim has to be approved, and this one was denied at the highest level, for whatever reason. Move on.

It was never a written rule, but it was generally accepted that claiming a Mods build/builds was a dick move in any case, no matter the reason. There could be a reason for Maldechem's absence that he has shared with the other staff members (or just Ryan & Eps) but doesn't want made public. If that's the case, then denying the claim would make sense and Ryan is not obligated to make the reasons known. It's his call to make.



What I fail to understand is why it's such a big deal to you guys (THP)? You've made your abhorrence of VC and its Staff well known. You've created your own server and place to play, yet continue to come on here and cause trouble. You may be playing on VC again, but that doesn't make the snarky remarks that have been made in the last couple of months go away. If you don't like the server so much, why not just let it be and leave it alone?

I'm not trying to start anything with you guys nor am I looking to argue, but I am wondering why you came back after making your opinions so well known and putting so much time into the other server.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:50 pm

MadDog, you got a lot of nerve to say anything about VC with your multiple exits. When you preach to THP, remember those words also apply to you.

Besides, is THP the ONLY clan that has ever left this server to try their own thing? Hypocrisy....

BUT Ryan asked to post the claim rules, and I did. AND if the purpose of this claim assists the server, I don't see why it would bother you for me to address this.

AND if THP wishes to play here, they still are able. They have not broken any rules (except for me, cleaning up litter illegally to try to build a PvP arena for the server), so are they not allowed to voice their opinions? I see so many people write junk on these forums and nothing is said, but God forbid if THP says anything.
User avatar
BirdBrainf4
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 pm

BirdBrainf4 wrote:MadDog, you got a lot of nerve to say anything about VC with your multiple exits. When you preach to THP, remember those words also apply to you.

They don't apply to him. He left MC all together. He never left only VC and created own server advertising along the way.
BirdBrainf4 wrote:Besides, is THP the ONLY clan that has ever left this server to try their own thing? Hypocrisy....

THP is one of two clans that left the server to make their own gig. The last one got trolled and insulted a fucking ton from THP for doing what they did. There's your hypocrisy.

BirdBrainf4 wrote:AND if THP wishes to play here, they still are able. They have not broken any rules (except for me, cleaning up litter illegally to try to build a PvP arena for the server), so are they not allowed to voice their opinions? I see so many people write junk on these forums and nothing is said, but God forbid if THP says anything.

Nobody is saying that THP isn't allowed to play here, we were only confused as to why you want to join anymore after your shit show. The small time frame between you shitting on everything VC stood for and joining back makes me think you're a group of teenage girls.

I support the staff on this claiming issue, it was obviously just a troll one and it shouldn't go through.
Image
User avatar
gogyst
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am
Location: Croatia, Europe

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Gogy, I didn't do any show, as you claim, and I never gave anyone any grief. I don't even think I was part of THP at that time...so those things don't reflect on me personally.

But whatever, those rules are in place, and yes, if a moderator wishes to deny a claim, they can. HOWEVER, if the point of the claim is to help the server (IE build a rail station near THP), then how is that a big deal?
User avatar
BirdBrainf4
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:04 pm

If Ryan wants to deny the claim for unreasonable reasons, that's his prerogative as owner of the server and the ultimate rule maker here. Arguing with him on the forums isn't going to do anything, but waste your time if you like.

As for making it personal, there's no reason for that.


THP hasn't broken any rules, nor have I said that any rules were broken. I simply asked why you're coming back when you've made your opinions about this place known to all and put so much work into the new server. It doesn't make much sense to me and seems to only solidify my opinion that your sole purpose in posting or playing on VC is to cause trouble. If THP wants to split their time, then of course that's something they are welcome to do, I personally have no problem with that.

THP is welcome to post their opinion, many times that opinion has driven change for the better here on VC. That of course doesn't mean that insults or personal attacks are warranted or necessary. There are rules here, even if they're not enforced as rigorously as they once were.


EDIT: Gogy, I think he's including Kreatious/Arc, R7K and THP in that list. In case he's thinking The Order and myself have our own server (even though I'm not actually part of The Order anymore and haven't been for quite a while now), they do have a private test server that's whitelisted, but isn't open to the public or listed on any server lists.

EDIT: Bird, there might be a reason that he's unwilling to reveal as to why he's denying a claim of Maldechem's builds. If it's as simple as that he doesn't believe the reported reason, well, I kinda hate to say this but that's really on THP for creating that kind of reputation. I might not agree with the denial solely on that basis (frankly, even if you tear down everything but do connect it to the WRN as has been stated, then it's a valid claim in my mind). I think the problem comes that Tautochrone has been adamant about not having any WRN lines running through THP, but wants to claim Maldechem's area so a station can be built. It's somewhat suspicious all things considered.
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Archived topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron