Vanillacraft Community Pickles Thread

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft (Derailing badly, Halp)

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:11 pm

MD, I understood it that some of THP still had some desire, in spite of hard feelings, to resurrect their adventures here on VC, for the sake of the server. I think they were approaching it from a different angle, however. I had been spending a lot of time on here helping to repair tools for projects they had been discussing. I wanted to help my crew out.

As a matter of fact, I highly disagreed with the ban (agree on principle, but disagreed on why it was put into place). At the time of my ban, the staff were hardly online, and we were preparing a PvP arena to help possibly boost server activity. Staff made sure to let me know that it was more important to fix a half-made box in the middle of the desert, than to say "thanks for trying to help the server out". On principle, that was a bad call and should have been let to slide. Would have been different if I tore down part of The Order, but this was literally a half-made 1-room shack with 2.5 walls.

I didn't make a huge deal out of it publically. Does that mean I hate VC? Lord no...this is the first Vanilla-type server I invested considerable time in, and that I found lots of potential in. In spite of the crap that is spewed on forums and what not, I still liked VC. I still LIKE VC. Just because I disagreed with how the staff handled a situation, but hey, they went by the book. I cannot blame them for that.

So...does THP still want to play here? Well, I don't know. I know Tauto said he had been on here for a few weeks, and I was online when I was able (been super busy) helping with tool repairs for future projects.
BirdBrainf4

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:15 pm

MadDogT994 wrote:EDIT: Gogy, I think he's including Kreatious/Arc, R7K and THP in that list. In case he's thinking The Order and myself have our own server (even though I'm not actually part of The Order anymore and haven't been for quite a while now), they do have a private test server that's whitelisted, but isn't open to the public or listed on any server lists.

Kreatious wasn't a clan nor did the group of players involved with it do anything against VC (with the exception of you know which asshole). Arcation never left VC, and R7K I already mentioned.
And Bird when I say THP I mean THP, not you as an individual. THP members have said so much shit about VC on the forum that you have to be blind if you didn't see any of it.
gogyst

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:21 pm

@Bird
For the record, I disagreed with that ban as well, but there really wasn't anything to be done about it. Perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel's back for THP as a whole, but by itself a fairly minor thing really. A 24 hour ban (for breaking the rules) and an approved claim sign would have solved those problems just fine.

I really don't think anyone can or will disagree that VC has issues, many revolving around the staff and their lack of activity. I've tried not to sugarcoat that part and have been in favor of adding additional players to the staff level that actually play, even if they won't make the greatest of Mods. Simply put, there aren't any players left who don't have some level of conflict around them with other people. It takes a level of trust to find out who will step up and who will have the power stripped down the line.

What I do have a problem with is when the staff makes a decision and it then gets pounded into the dust, called out, argued over and taken to a level that it simply doesn't need to go to. The feeling of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" is a major part of the VC staff mentality, believe me. It was that way two years ago when I served and it seems to be worse now. I'm sure gogyst could confirm it was that way when he was a Mod before me.

We complain when the staff isn't present, then we complain when they are present but make questionable calls. It's an odd situation to be in because that kind of thing is probably why our staff doesn't play as much as they can/should.

EDIT: Gogy, I understand that but I was clarifying what I thought he was referring to. Chances are he's heard the stories from THP even though they weren't around at the time either. Heck, I didn't even come on until a few weeks after that split, but I did deal with the after effects as a Mod shortly after that. :lol: Silly Zerg...
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadDogT994

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Oh sweet pixel drama <3. I love all the feels here <333

Last edited by yourebadgetmad on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourebadgetmad

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Gogy, all I am trying to say in general is that I believe some players from THP want to possibly play here (not 100% sure after the rebuttal over the land claim, I think that was going to be a big THP project to assist the WRN). I simply love to play MC for the fun of it, honestly. I really only play two main games these days, MC and chess. MC is for relaxation. THP is a clan full of ingenious builders, and it is cool to be part of a clan and simply be a helper - miner, woodcutter, grinder, repairman, etc. It is relaxing for me, I enjoy that.

I don't want to get into a war of who said what, I see all kinds of things written in these threads, not just from THP. All I am saying is that THP had a legit reason for trying to claim Malde's property. They wanted to assist with the WRN, and that would have not only brought people to Ironforge - it would also have been one of the closest points to spawn. I am sure that V2 will possibly create a hub that is similarly close to spawn that will connect to the rest of the WRN.

That was all I was saying - THP's request was not particularly out of line, it went by the book. They waited until the right moment to request, and it was shot down. What I was saying was that if we are going to guard inactive mod builds, it might not hurt to put an edit in the rules.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:28 pm

You know, I look at these kinds of threads and you know what I try to take out of them? Not the drama or the arguing that is often the content of the thread. No, I see the passion that we as VC players have. Can you imagine if the energy that went into these long text blocks were put into the server? Absolutely amazing potential.
MadDogT994

Re: Good things about Vanillacraft

Postby Austincd118 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Jesus wrote:
Jezus wrote:

This is how I feel about this thread.
Austincd118

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 pm

I haven't seen Jesus come up so much since I read a certain fairy tale.
gogyst

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 pm

yourebadgetmad

Postby Austincd118 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 pm

My favorite flavor for ice cream is Holy Jesus Blood Swirl,

It's sinfully delicious.
Austincd118

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

:lol: ... And we're back to page 1...

I guess there's nothing like a public plea eh?

Ryan & Epsilon, please raise a few players up to the staff level. The server is practically (literally) begging for more staff interaction on some level and with the exception of V2 aren't getting it.
MadDogT994

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:46 pm

MadDog, one good thing about allowing a thread like this to derail (within reason) is that you really do pull in many members to the forums, which is good for server traffic (either forums or in game). Heck, if the interest is here for the moment, allow it to be. Perhaps people will say "heck with it, let me log in for a few" and they might even consider starting a project in game.
BirdBrainf4

Postby gogyst » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:47 pm

MadDogT994 wrote::lol: ... And we're back to page 1...

The Beginning
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over ice cream trucks.

And God said, “Let there be an awesome ice cream flavor,” and there was. God saw that the Holy Jesus Blood Swirl was good, as he merged the blood with chocolate. God called the chocolate “good,” and the blood he called “great.” And there was vanilla, and there was strawberry—the first day.
gogyst

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Even if it is 90% THP right now. :P ;)

I need a new project myself, I finished my house, reveled in its completion (seriously, when was the last time I finished a build?), then took a long break.
MadDogT994

Postby yourebadgetmad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 pm

I hate pickles. They're disgusting

yourebadgetmad

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 pm

What about recreating real life artifacts in game? Something like Mount Rushmore, or the Eiffel Tower....
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Please tell me you just drew that in paint real quick... :D

BirdBrainf4 wrote:What about recreating real life artifacts in game? Something like Mount Rushmore, or the Eiffel Tower....

Mount Rushmore-style with Void, ryan and Qustom heads? :lol:
MadDogT994

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:57 pm

MadDogT994 wrote:Mount Rushmore-style with Void, ryan and Qustom heads? :lol:

Yep! I think it would be really neat to do that, and you could create stuff on the inside, IE hotels for instance, or theme parks (trying to refrain from saying .....fun.....land.....).....
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Ban.
MadDogT994

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Man, that was like reading a book haha.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

PreviousNext

Return to Archived topics