What to do??

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Which option do you like

Poll ended at Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 am

Option 1) Redig and place the roads that need protection.
79%
Option 2) Have ryan write a plugin to make the logs needed to protect them.
6%
Option 3) Leave them as is, which will affect how new players can play on this map.
15%

Total votes : 33

What to do??

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:17 am

So I have a dilemma, the roads outside of the spawn are not protected due to some unfortunate circumstances beyond my control. We have a few options but please do think about how you vote on this as it will affect how new players see this server.

Option 1) Is to dig up the roads outside of starter and replace them as they are.

Option 2) Is for me to write a plugin to scan all blocks in the starter area and make logs for the ones that had to have been placed (eg cobblestone and stuff).

Option 3) Is to leave them as is, some areas have protection due to me asking people to make them not have sharp turns and what not. This will mean that people can destroy the roads (outside of spawn [in the area where new players can build]) and build over them. This will also make it harder for new players to get started on the server so this is not something that I want to do but I do want to see what you think.

This vote will only last a day as time is of the essence. If you don't like any of the options post a reply and if I see it and think it's doable/acceptable I'll add it.
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Re: What to do??

Postby jollysaintj » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:26 am

If a lot of people can do it quick redig it and get it done with but really if its going to delay it more weeks just to fix it just do it slowly over time when the mods have the free time. a little grief at the start of the server wont be a big deal
jollysaintj

Postby Vacar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:31 am

My opinion completely matches jolly's. Not trying to sway votes here, but a bunch of people must be unsure of the actual length of these roads. If it wins over the other two then so be it, but just saying, it would be a multiple day project to say the least. Vote away.
Vacar

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 am

Vacar wrote:My opinion completely matches jolly's. Not trying to sway votes here, but a bunch of people must be unsure of the actual length of these roads. If it wins over the other two then so be it, but just saying, it would be a multiple day project to say the least. Vote away.

I think that with a few people it could be done in a day or so.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Postby Vacar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 am

Hm... well if it gets picked, I would be willing to help. Anything to get the server out as quick as possible is game with me.
Vacar

Postby piethingey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:11 am

I vote for option 2 because I'd like to see it done over time.
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby Vacar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:18 am

Then you are voting for the wrong option. Option #3 is the only one that would be "done over time", the other 2 would have to be done before the map release.
Vacar

Postby Komplex16 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:52 am

I vote for #1 if Ryan is willing to let an army of people come in and quickly replace all the roads. A simple threat of a ban if you leave the road area will work just fine to keep people in line. I myself have the day off tomorrow and can help if needed.
Komplex16

Postby Twinky827 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:24 am

I agree with Komplex. I think I could help..
Twinky827

Postby Mellowyellow » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:30 am

Having worked on the roads I would hate to see them ruined by grief and there importance diminished. I think replacing all the roads would be quite the task for the staff being able to mange 10+ people I believe that it would take more then 10 people to finish in a reasonably short timeframe. Who knows how long it would take to write another plugin.

Personally option 1 (redig the roads) seems like the lesser of the three evils.
Your Either a Pro or a Noob That's Life.
-Athene
Mellowyellow

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 am

as one who helped work on the roads, I don't think it would take more then a few hours to get them replaced
ubiwubikanubi

Postby OzzyRaptor » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:05 am

My mom once told me, "Do it right the first time." I think this applies here and we just need to do it right, so its out of the way. There is already a ton of other coding that Ryan is working on, so I dont want to add to that. #1
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby DrkEagle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:12 am

Depends on how confident you are with the coding Ryan. To most of us, we don't understand why it's such an issue to be honest. Mainly, what does "sharp turns" have to do with anything? I get that being outside of spawn are not protected but shouldn't they be protected under general grief protection from whomever placed them? If people like Vacar and Ubi placed them, I'm fairly certain the people they /allow (inner clan mates) aren't going to go through starter zone ripping up the roads.

Edit: If any of that came across as hostile in anyway, I truly apologize lol that is not my intent. That was read as possibly hostile by someone in our private THP communication s and I want to make it clear I mean none of that in anyway negative lol.
Last edited by DrkEagle on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrkEagle

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:27 am

Drk Logs were NOT in place when the origional workers did it, so they need to be ripped up and replaced now grief protection is working,

The sharp turns sections have already been redone, they looked bad and happened to get fixed when logs were in place
ubiwubikanubi

Postby DrkEagle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 am

Ohhh, ok well that manes perfect sense then!
DrkEagle

Postby gogyst » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 am

I'll replace every bloody block on the map if I need to just to finally play on VC.
gogyst

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 am

Due to the overwhelming amount of votes for just manually replacing every block we will be asking for a lot of help tomorrow. So get on teamspeak and ask to be whitelisted all mods will be able to whitelist you. They will be banning people for not doing what they are asking,(most likely a month maybe more) so if they say jump you ask how high while attempting to please them. If no mods are on everything stops. Everyone gets removed from the whitelist. If i see you online with no mods then you will be banned. Also its very easy to check with the logs to find out when people were online.

So blocks should be exactly the same (or close to it just make sure its not just solid unless that part is like that). I will hopefully be on sometime around 8 my time PST (setting my phone alarm so no promises).
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Postby Ragepeanut » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:45 am

Ryan00793 wrote:Due to the overwhelming amount of votes for just manually replacing every block we will be asking for a lot of help tomorrow. So get on teamspeak and ask to be whitelisted all mods will be able to whitelist you. They will be banning people for not doing what they are asking,(most likely a month maybe more) so if they say jump you ask how high while attempting to please them. If no mods are on everything stops. Everyone gets removed from the whitelist. If i see you online with no mods then you will be banned. Also its very easy to check with the logs to find out when people were online.

So blocks should be exactly the same (or close to it just make sure its not just solid unless that part is like that). I will hopefully be on sometime around 8 my time PST (setting my phone alarm so no promises).

May I suggest making this an announcement? Just to insure its as visible to the community as possible.

Ragepeanut

Postby Lonewolf709 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:45 am

I woud go with opption 1 and Id be very glad to help (btw im a considerably fast worker)
Lonewolf709

Postby ReContraDog » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:46 am

If I have time I'll pitch in after dinner in a few hours, if anyone's online.
ReContraDog

Next

Return to Archived topics