The Order [1.7]

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

The Order [1.7]

Postby Synthenos » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello, Vanillacraft:

MadDog and I are the proud co-directors of one of VC’s newest and fastest growing organizations, The Order. We will be launching official activity with the upgrade of VC to a new map. The Order plays and works under three main tenants: Community, Novelty, and Integrity. How we do this is best explained by our creed:

“To protect the future of Vanillacraft, promote novel design, and encourage cooperative gameplay in the community, while challenging ourselves as organization members to pursue excellence in character.”

Other organizations are also seeking to work hard for VC and encourage new and exciting gameplay. We applaud them and can’t wait to see them succeed. We are here to provide yet another outlet to participate in the VC community and have fun at the same time.

At the same time, The Order is not restricted to merely one game and one server. We view ourselves as more of a community of gamers and friendly individuals. We have a lot of big plans outside of VC, including bringing life to our Steam community and creating a YouTube presence, through our soon-to-be-founded Order Network.

Structure
Directors (2): Currently MadDog and Synthenos are the two co-directors of The Order. For administrative reasons, we provide the final say on who is extended an invite and what gets built within our main city, in terms of infrastructure and general aesthetic. However, in the interests of pursuing our three tenants, we provide for a great deal of autonomy and individual creativity… this is a cooperative endeavor, not a dictatorship.

The Order Council: Our rapid growth has necessitated a new level of leadership, so we created The Order Council. We currently have three Councilors: Mr_Palmer, Vacar, and ViralVendetta. Their responsibilities are acting as second in command to the directorship, providing their advice and keen insight as well as taking over important administrative powers within the group. They also receive additional perks in compensation for their hard work and dedication.

Recruitment
We do not have an open application in the way that many groups have. There’s no set template that you can fill out, turn in, and systematically receive a “yes” or “no.” Membership is given to anyone who accepts our offer, our invitation to join The Order.

That being said, we are not omniscient and may overlook upstanding members of the VC community who would thrive as a part of our organization, so please: if you are interested, send MadDog and I a private message telling us so. We would love to hear from you, and your correspondence gets us thinking and talking about you quickly… some of our current members did us the favor of reaching out to us first!

Objectives
1) Construct server-benefiting builds
2) Establish a central city around a central lake, with a Treasury, Order Hall, and towers for the Directors and Councilors. The city will have roughly expanding “zones” for tower plots, industrial plots, farm plots, and rural home plots.
3) Focus heavily on community and server betterment
4) Other creative endeavors outside of the city
5) Strive to welcome and help new players
6) Donate whenever possible
7) Promote Vanillacraft and encourage its growth

Rules
We do not collect taxes, but we'll have a central treasury for materials. These materials will only be used for builds in the central city. There shall be no removal of materials for personal use. We will, however, encourage members to keep personal stores for their own individual wealth, especially to lend out to new players or share with others. The more our members give of their own accord to the Treasury, the more we can succeed as a group. If anyone acts in a way that seriously brings their character into question, the directors will discuss their future with the organization. PvP will be limited and must be done with kindness and no foul behavior. After all, our focus is to improve the community.

Members
Current roster in Mad's subsequent post. Invitations are sent and accepted on a rolling basis.

Type 1 Member Signatures (Last Updated: 2/6/2014, Ludio123 + Zeratul631):
Spoiler:

As the 1.7 VC map update approaches, MadDog and I will continue to post our plans, and we will post updated member lists as our invites are accepted. Branding will come later. May the fun begin!
Last edited by Synthenos on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Synthenos

Re: The Order [1.7]

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Current Roster:

Synthenos
MadDogT994
amaerin
Mr_Palmer
Gorbanth
lavendertone
ragepeanut
vacarn1
Tassadar631
Tesria
ViralVendetta
OzzyRaptor
Jaeganator
Busa
GrimSlayer828
Jiibrael
RiderXBoys
Knight_Prodigy
Joshua171
Ludio123
Zeratul631
Tarkanon
TheCabbageNommer
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 26 times in total.
MadDogT994

Postby kmandyisaboss » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:06 pm

I would love to see a group like this flourish! Best of luck to you all. Interesting to see a group that only selects the best, with THP laxing themselves, and TKG changing its recruitment sytem to something roughly similar to this.
kmandyisaboss

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Fantastic concept! VC really needs a crew that excels in outreach to new players, and I look forward to seeing what The Order does for our server!
BirdBrainf4

Postby jollysaintj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Tisk tisk. Trying to poach my members and our idea! I see how it is. Good luck!
jollysaintj

Postby Synthenos » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:39 pm

jollysaintj wrote:Tisk tisk. Trying to poach my members and our idea! I see how it is. Good luck!

Pshaw! Just providing friendly competition! I can't let THP have all the glory to themselves... ;)

And besides, I know you guys have plenty of unique stuff hidden up your sleeve...
Synthenos

Postby jollysaintj » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Luckily my guys are loyal.
jollysaintj

Postby MrPalmer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Wow! It's nice to see an organization dedicated solely to the good of the server. I can't wait to see what cool ideas you come up with!

Well, you certainly surprised me, Synth/Apostle! I have really enjoyed building with you these past few months, and I look forward to working together in the future.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby kmandyisaboss » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:54 pm

you may know me better by “ApostleTrivius.”

A worthy plot-twist. Completely mind-fucked atm. :lol:
kmandyisaboss

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah that was me a few months ago when I figured it out. He had me unaware for a loooong time.
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MadDogT994

Postby OzzyRaptor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:18 am

Well I have to say I am quite shocked. It all makes sense now though haha. Anyway, good luck with the organization!
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby Synthenos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 pm

We've begun our branding, as can be seen in the OP (and in our signatures). I'm saving member signatures (as I create them) in a spoiler tag on the OP as well. For a full roster of members who've accepted, check out Mad's first post.
Synthenos

Postby amaerin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm looking forward to returning for the map update, and can't wait to see what awesome things the group comes up with. (I also figured I needed to make a forum account and post, since I was told I had a very snazzy signature waiting on me! :lol: )
amaerin

Postby Synthenos » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:06 pm

amaerin wrote:I'm looking forward to returning for the map update, and can't wait to see what awesome things the group comes up with. (I also figured I needed to make a forum account and post, since I was told I had a very snazzy signature waiting on me! :lol: )

All other organizations can quit now. We just enlisted our secret weapon.
Synthenos

Postby Vacar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 am

Thanks for the opportunity to join in on your clan! I look forward to all of the different projects you guys have in store for the future.
Vacar

Postby MadDogT994 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Quick Update:

The Order is ramping up on some of the preliminary planning stages. We have a solid crew of well-known members that have all expressed a deep interest in seeing the server thrive, which as you know is one of the overarching goals of The Order.

We're rounding out our roster really nicely, we've got some really great builders, some others interested in learning redstone and others who simply want to dig and play underground, collecting materials and creating some awesome tunnel systems.

Our goal is to have a large city that will become a hub of trade, entertainment, social endeavors and a beacon of all the good things that VC has to offer. We're also planning to do some public automated farms for new players, host build contests with major prizes (anything from in-game valuables to donor status and more), PvP arenas/battlefields (depending on how ryan wants to set PvP up), a spleef arena in the main city, and various other builds that we haven't even thought up yet, who knows what we can create.

I'm personally very excited for this group. My interest in Minecraft has been waning, as I'm sure it has for a lot of others, but helping Synthenos get this going and being a Co-Director with him has really invigorated some of the creative juices in me. It's going to be a lot of fun, there's no doubt about that.

For The Order members - as 1.7 gets closer, and then following release while we wait on the next map, we'll be sending out some updates through PM or possibly even just forum post. Keep an eye out for those as they will be our main communique's prior to getting started. We want to make sure everyone is on the same page before we begin the major building, gathering and having fun stages.

That's all! I'll see if I can update the post periodically as things progress. Have a good day and keep on crafting!
MadDogT994

Postby Synthenos » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 am

Please welcome our latest addition, Tesria!
Synthenos

Postby Synthenos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Please welcome our latest member, ViralVendetta!
Synthenos

Postby Scrumpingpup » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 am

Are all of your signatures meant to move if you stare at them?

"Mexico upside down is... Wexico"
- Bebeman123 while extremely high.
Scrumpingpup

Postby MadDogT994 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Scrumpingpup wrote:Are all of your signatures meant to move if you stare at them?

No. Put down the crack.

But seriously, what are you talking about?
MadDogT994

Next

Return to Archived topics