Corrupted Chunks

This is only for bug reports.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Corrupted Chunks

Postby Henceable » Tue May 06, 2014 5:06 am

The bottom line: [ When people walk in this area they lag a lot and cannot move. ]
How to replicate: [Walk near the villagers x: -350 z: -1850 and you will lag]
It could possibly be the villager spawning area we made that could be creating the corrupted chunks but I am not 100% on that.
Thanks.
Henceable

Re: Corrupted Chunks

Postby gogyst » Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 am

It's probably lagging because of the number of entities (villagers) that you have created. Try lowering their numbers and see if that will reduce/remove the lag.
gogyst

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:20 pm

What is a max entity amount you would recommend per chunk, Gogy?
BirdBrainf4

Postby gogyst » Tue May 06, 2014 2:38 pm

There isn't really a set amount of entities/chunk as people have different rigs, and someone might lag from lets say 200 entities while another player with some awesome PC wouldn't even be affected (his FPS would go down but it wouldn't be noticeable).

So my recommendation is to just keep killing them until your MC runs smoothly again :P.

Edit: Went over there and yeah there is an FPS difference. Dropped from a 100 to a stable 50 lol. Still normal/playable on my side though.
You have all sorts of mobs over here, I suggest moving some farms to different places of your base where they will not be loaded at the same time.
gogyst

Postby Ryan00793 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:50 am

Henceable wrote:The bottom line: [ When people walk in this area they lag a lot and cannot move. ]
How to replicate: [Walk near the villagers x: -350 z: -1850 and you will lag]
It could possibly be the villager spawning area we made that could be creating the corrupted chunks but I am not 100% on that.
Thanks.

If you still need help pm me and ill go over there and clear out a bunch of mobs
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports