An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote...

This is only for bug reports.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote...

Postby Synthenos » Tue May 06, 2014 2:59 pm

I think my IP is having troubles with VC. I have troubles connecting, and when I do, I can interact for a few minutes before I get a java exception:

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

I believe the server crashed earlier for a few seconds, but I am the only person who continues to have this issue. Is this a registry thing? It's only a problem with VC, not other servers.

I can't log on with Synthenos or ApostleTrivius until it's resolved. :( Please help (or advise)!
Synthenos

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote

Postby Synthenos » Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 pm

I reset all the things (router, computer, etc.) and the problem resolved itself.

The research I did indicated this was a known Bukkit bug with 1.7.2. Something along the lines of the server thinking I was already logged in and terminating the extra connection. So resetting the IP might have helped that. I dunno, I'm not a network guy.
Synthenos

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote

Postby Ryan00793 » Wed May 07, 2014 3:48 am

Synthenos wrote:I reset all the things (router, computer, etc.) and the problem resolved itself.

The research I did indicated this was a known Bukkit bug with 1.7.2. Something along the lines of the server thinking I was already logged in and terminating the extra connection. So resetting the IP might have helped that. I dunno, I'm not a network guy.

We are running on 1.7.5 try using winmtr to game.vanillacraft.net
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports