Boating troubles

This is only for bug reports.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Boating troubles

Postby Br0kenApp » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey all,
When I was travelling by boat and I noticed that I couldn't break the boat, but after searching I guessed from all the comments that it was a bug (most probably wrong). But what did annoy me was when I reached my destination and got out of my boat with the shift button I got teleported to where I was halfway through my journey! So I guessed this was just a silly glitch so I re-logged and I was still there. I swam all the way to my destination to find my boat just waiting there. This has happened to me more than 3 times so I thought I should just report it. Sorry if this is completely wrong in the sense of it's lay out or just the idea of it.
Broken :)
Br0kenApp

Re: Boating troubles

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Just tested boats for about 20 minutes getting out and getting back in after moving but did not have that issue.
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Postby Br0kenApp » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am

Hmmm weird,
I just tried it too and it's fine too. It happened multiple times. Well I guess this can be archived. Sorry
Broken
Br0kenApp

Postby walkersgaming » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 am

I have had a similiar problem. I travel a fair bit, say in a swamp I approach some land get out of the boat and appear in a spot say.. 10 blocks from the boat. Then there's a ghost boat left at where I got off that cannot be destroyed. Though once you relog the boat appears where I got out and is able to be destroyed. I'm not certain but my theory is... Lilly pads

Not sure if this is the same scenario as Broken is describing but I have found boats to be buggy
walkersgaming

Postby Br0kenApp » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:44 am

You might be right with the lily pad thing. Do Lilly pads destroy boats? I remember collecting Lilly pads. I didn't try and destroy the boat after but I did use it again to get back. Although when I dismounted always ended up quite far away from Lilly pad area. I'm not on today so maybe some else can try it out in a swamp.
~Broken
Br0kenApp

Postby walkersgaming » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 am

Boats usually destroy Lilly pads. I think upon contact the Lilly pad is diverting the boat on a slight angle but this is not shown on screen, or the boat glitches in the Lilly pad but continues on screen. I imagine it's mojangs fault (as with most things) when they altered how boats work in 1.6.
walkersgaming

Postby Wiggycat314 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:46 pm

From what I can tell, a boat can take a moderation of hits from lilypads. If you hit like 3 in about 1-3 seconds, it breaks the boat. However, if you hit them more spread out with about 5-10 second intervals in between, the boat will be able to break through them easily.
Wiggycat314

Return to Bug reports