Does anyone want to do it again?

This is for anything that is related to Vanillacraft

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Does anyone want to do it again?

Postby MadCoffeeDragon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi everyone! I'm surprised this board is still up, I used to play on VC a lot, specifically on Gen4 (I think?) and was around towards the end when the server died.

If anyone's still here, I have a VPS on a friend's system and have been allocated 4 cores from a xeon and 16gb of ram. I want to do something BIG, and figured this was the place to announce it.

I've been livestreaming small time for a little over a year, and naturally started playing Minecraft. Minecraft has always been more fun with friends so I set up a small server for viewers to play on with me. That hardware has only gotten more powerful with time, and the server has become it's own nice small community.

I wanted to reach out back here, as VC still has a place in my heart. I don't come from a background of hosting but I am passionate and I am learning every day. We currently have 3 plugins (CoreProtect, Harbour and Dynmap). This means that we are basically running Vanilla at the core, and the existing players are very trusting and follow the rules.

If anyone wants to join the server and help build something big when we migrate to the new rig, please shoot me a DM over discord at Joe#9328, letting me know you've come from the VC forum. No obligations, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
MadCoffeeDragon

Return to General Discussion