Arcation's Shop! **REOPENED** As of 2017

Buy and sell things here.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: Arcation's Shop! ***OPEN***

Postby LoggOff » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Heya. Bought some stuff today.

I suggest you change the color of the carpet. I wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't read this thread.
I suggest you change it to either blue or red, to match the colour of diamond or to catch the eye.
LoggOff

Postby bos34ton » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:58 pm

The diamond boot station appears to be broken... I gave it a diamond and received nothing in return.

Pretty bad example of the place while filming :?

Edit: boots are fixed, but now silk touch appears to be broken
bos34ton

Postby MrLittleKitty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:29 pm

I have added a disclaimer at the shop due to the fact that the machines are not infallible.
It is as follows:
"NOTICE: Due to redstone lag on the server, the machines do not always work correctly. If you have a problem, please contact an Arcation member to sort it out."
MrLittleKitty

Postby Tautochrone » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Add delays in. It'll slow the machine down a little bit but it'll function properly.

We've had to do that to almost every machine we have.
Tautochrone

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Guys, I am not sure who is griefing Arcation's shop. I know I cannot prevent people doing it, but I am just requesting that no matter what things happened in the past, let's all try to move forward for the sake of Vanillacraft. The shop looks amazing and these auto-pay shop concepts are a great addition to the server. I would love to see every clan have their own shops. Heck, I wouldn't mind setting up one of these for THP to sell our wares!

Last night I went to buy a book, and the doors were closed. Kitty informed me that within 1 week, they have been griefed 4 times. Please, just for the sake of VC, let old fires die. I would like to see VC move towards the "glory days" of V3 that everyone reminisces about, and grudges will prevent us from moving towards that goal.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 pm

I have to believe that any grief to the shop, or grief in general, wouldn't be caused by anyone who is here on the forums or part of a clan. It's probably new players not knowing what's going on, going in and spamming their mouse button.

Just in case I'm wrong though, whoever is griefing the shop needs to grow up and enjoy the benefits Arcation is providing for everyone to use. It's just stupid to take a grudge to the level of breaking server rules and getting banned. With any luck the Mods are investigating the griefing, or have already, and will be harsh with whoever has done it.
MadDogT994

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Just a recommendation, if this keeps happening and it gets to the point where you might have to close the shop, you could always add something like the gatekeeper access that THP had. Obviously, I hope it doesn't come down to that, but thats a good way to keep everyone in check and not let noobs wander in and grief.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby walkersgaming » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 pm

I can confirm all grief to the shops has been done by random new players, while the grief is frustrating the amount of work we have put into it means we're not closing any time soon, if it persists we'll talk to Ryan and maybe he'll let us have a zone to stop people, though I'm not sure how he would feel about this and indeed how other players would feel about this (unfair).
walkersgaming

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

If I may ask, how is it being griefed? Are redstone wires not protected by grief protection?
MadDogT994

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm

I really like the idea of gatekeeper then, but then how will noobs buy? Of course, they will have no diamonds, so they can work their way up. I think gatekeeper is something to consider, if you are 100% certain that no VC vets are doing the damage.

On a side note, that is VERY encouraging to hear that none of us are doing the damage.
BirdBrainf4

Postby walkersgaming » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Due to bukkit changes (not ryan's fault) there's a small delay for grief protection, so people are breaking the carpet and taking the contents out of the hopper before being kicked out by the plugin. (If anyone sees this and thinks about doing it the mods can see everything and you will be banned). The last guy who did got banned for a month.

Gatekeeper IMO would ruin the concept, I like it being open and the idea is to not only supply vets but to help new players get their first suit of diamond armour and other things.
walkersgaming

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:29 pm

True that Walkers. Well, as long as people are under the understanding that if they mess with your shop, they will be banned, and it is acceptable for Arcation to put up with the minimal BS of people griefing...it makes me wonder if you can alter the payment setup so the diamonds must drop a few blocks (outside of the reach of the griefer). I could almost envision a setup with diamonds dropping into water, which was relayed into the payment setup.

Anyway...good luck bud! Am looking forward to seeing this shop fluorish.
BirdBrainf4

Postby TheSwaGrinder » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:12 pm

To fix the item frame grief you could always add signs and write on it ...
Or change the design a bit and place the itemframes behind a glass block/pane
TheSwaGrinder

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 pm

TheSwaGrinder wrote:To fix the item frame grief you could always add signs and write on it ...
Or change the design a bit and place the itemframes behind a glass block/pane

What are you talking about? ...cuz this thread is about the hoppers in Arcation's shop.
Tautochrone

Postby TheSwaGrinder » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I heard people were switching the items in the itemframes or stealing them...

Don't kill me :o
TheSwaGrinder

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm

The item frames were missing stuff when I went in, so you are correct Swag. Hopefully Arcation can tweak the design.
BirdBrainf4

Postby Lozano37 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 pm

I would be all for an area protection coded into the shop. Walkers said that others might see it as unfair, but realistically, the shop is for the benefit of everyone. Especially new players. This shop lengthens the stay of new players because now they only need to find diamonds at most twice from mining to be able to get the full set of armor. Is anyone at all opposed to this idea?
Lozano37

Postby OzzyRaptor » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 am

To fix the item frame problem you can put the frame behind some glass and its a pretty easy fix. And my suggestion about the gatekeeper thing was a last resort type of thing, so hopefully we don't need it.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby TheSwaGrinder » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 pm

OzzyRaptor wrote:To fix the item frame problem you can put the frame behind some glass and its a pretty easy fix.

Like I just said
TheSwaGrinder

Postby MadDogT994 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 pm

I don't think a special zone is really necessary and opens the server up to some nasty precedent for setting up special areas. I'm sure Arc is working to fix and prevent these problems from happening again, I say get it worked out through in-game means rather than use a plugin just because it's easier. That's part of the challenge and fun of VC after all, being able to create something entirely in the game.
MadDogT994

PreviousNext

Return to Trading