Ideas for Organisations

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Ideas for Organisations

Postby StrikerLord » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 am

I have a few ideas that VanillaCraft may consider for organisations.

First of all, I think it would be really cool if members of a particular faction were identified in some way (nametag colour, chat, etc). That way, we can recognize who's who, which may be useful for my next suggestion.

My next suggestion is that we add a sort-of Overworld PvP. Allow me to explain. If a faction decides to go to war with another faction, members of the opposite faction can then fight each other (outside of the spawn area, that is). That way, if you're not in a faction that is at war, you're always safe from PvP in the Overworld, and it's those that choose to go to war that do all the PvP. It is important that both sides agree to the proposition of war, and that any side can withdraw at any time.

I think that this will add a lot of competition to the server, and it will encourage players to build mighty defenses to ward off warring factions. While, I will admit, the factions on the previous worlds did segregate the community a little bit, I also really enjoyed the war and raid aspect of it, and I believe that my suggestion can bring the best of both worlds.
StrikerLord

Re: Ideas for Organisations

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Edit: We have tried PvP in the over world and its not as cool as it seems. I am guessing you are a new player (I actually can't tell, because it says u did play on the old map), but you are sort of behind on the decisions that have been made, but with how VC is looking right now, I don't think we need to make any changes. Just my opinion, but I have a feeling that most other players will agree with me.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby gogyst » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 pm

StrikerLord wrote:First of all, I think it would be really cool if members of a particular faction were identified in some way (nametag colour, chat, etc). That way, we can recognize who's who, which may be useful for my next suggestion.
We already discussed this in another topic. Although the official word is "Organizations" or "Clans" rather than Factions. So far from what I know everyone was up for it but the staff never responded to the idea. IDK if it will happen but the community has done its part in expressing how they feel about it.

StrikerLord wrote:My next suggestion is that we add a sort-of Overworld PvP. Allow me to explain. If a faction decides to go to war with another faction, members of the opposite faction can then fight each other (outside of the spawn area, that is). That way, if you're not in a faction that is at war, you're always safe from PvP in the Overworld, and it's those that choose to go to war that do all the PvP. It is important that both sides agree to the proposition of war, and that any side can withdraw at any time.
Although this seems like a really fun suggestion for me and probably most of my clan members I don't think it would work on the server. Reason to this is that almost nobody is interested in PvP on VC. To be honest this would just be a waste of time to code and implement (even though it wouldn't be hard at all if the group bit was already added).

StrikerLord wrote:I think that this will add a lot of competition to the server, and it will encourage players to build mighty defenses to ward off warring factions. While, I will admit, the factions on the previous worlds did segregate the community a little bit, I also really enjoyed the war and raid aspect of it, and I believe that my suggestion can bring the best of both worlds.
Again, awesome little idea you have but there is just not a large enough number of people that would like to see this get implemented, in my opinion.

What I would like to see get done is the Arena plugin that people discussed a while ago. The idea is for people to be able to create their own arenas and add a PvP zone of their own inside it. Using this we could have PvP tournaments and even wars between clans if the arena is large enough (Example: One clan holds a fort and the other attempts to take it over in a set time period).
gogyst

Postby StrikerLord » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 am

Actually, I think the PvP area thing is probs a better way to do it. Thanks for the reply, Gogyst.
StrikerLord

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:17 pm

I really like that idea gogyst about the trying to capture a fort. It would be cool if there was a buy-in, and the winning group takes all. Kind of like 1 Diamond Block per player, 2v2 or 3v3. Bring any equipment you want. That sounds like a lot of fun, and it would be good if someone could film the war and post it on YouTube or Twitch to advertise.
BirdBrainf4

Postby DrkEagle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

I dont see why if someone were to build another arena that Ryan would not create a PvP zone inside it. I think it would be cool like the arena last map with traps and what not but trap operation controls were accessable by others so it coukd be used whenever and not only as a event where no mods show up to.
DrkEagle

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:39 pm

If someone were to build this, I would help donate materials to the project as well. I can mine plenty of stone and what not, wood, sand, etc.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:56 pm

I sent ryan a PM about setting up player-"owned" PvP zones but haven't heard back yet. I'd love to have that as an option as one of my pet projects is a small town set up as a PvP battlefield.
MadDogT994

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:08 pm

If he concurs, send me a list of blocks you would need donated and I will try to help you out, MD.
BirdBrainf4

Postby Ruary2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:10 pm

If PVP was enabled for arenas, The Dominion would definitely be building one.
Veni, vidi, vici.
Ruary2

Postby Scrumpingpup » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Ruary2 wrote:If PVP was enabled for arenas, The Dominion would definitely be building one.

We can all play DAMICKEY!

"Mexico upside down is... Wexico"
- Bebeman123 while extremely high.
Scrumpingpup

Return to Organizations