GAIAN COUNCIL DISCUSSION THREAD

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

GAIAN COUNCIL DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 am

The Gaian Council

Okay, so I decided to set up this thread in order for the council to be able to discuss issues in a formal manner. Its slightly different but I believe its worth a shot Here we will discuss the pressing issues facing TGE. In order for this to work I have laid out a set of rules:

1. Be respectful to other members of the council: This rule is self-explanatory. If we fight among ourselves we keep it to PMs. We are showing our inner workings to the Gaian people and the server at large here.

2. If you are not on the council, listen politely or gtfo: If you wish to post but are not from the council or even TGE but think you have something to add please private message kmandy or TBone if the former is not present. Hope for a response within 24 hours.

Here is how you should lay it out:
Player:
Issue: [What you wish to comment on]
Stance

3. All suggestions must be done roughly in the style of a UN resolution: Daunting as this sounds, you just have to do a list of bullet points detailing your plan. Any of the preamble rubbish and the jargon is purely optional.

4. One issue at a time will be discussed: In the eventuality that we have more than one issue to discuss, we'll either vote on the order, or put it down to a coin toss.

If anyone has an objection to this thread please tell me below. If anyone has any questions, either PM me or post below, depending on whether or not you are on the council.
Last edited by kmandyisaboss on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmandyisaboss

Re: GAIAN COUNCIL DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 am

TOPIC 1: The Future of the Gaian Empie

Submitted by: kmandy

As you know we have become scattered in terms of progress, and require a great reorganisation in order to continue. So in order to solve this, I propose the following proposal:

1. [u]Merge the responsibilities of Farming and Logging district:[/u] This allows us to cover a greater range of tasks with our decreased staff, whilst not just picking up some randomer to fill this space. Plus, it woud give Pie more responsibilities.

2. Bring back initiations: Remember that old idea I had ages ago that was to reward active players that never took off? I say we bring that back. When a member has worked hard for three weeks, and has racked up 24 hours of playtime, they may go for initiation if their district leader allows it. This would be a task or series of tasks that would end in an initiation ceromony Initiation would allow for certain privileges. What these would be is up for debate. I suppose these could include:

A certain degree of command over the uninitiated.
Access to restricted areas.
A lower charge on an account at the vault (about to be explained)

3. Opening a bank account/usury system: People pay a certain fee for a certain amount of highly secure storage space. We have a certain rate of interest (how much the value of it increases by) on these accounts. Every two weeks or so we add a certain amount of mats at a certain rate. We could also do this in reverse. We offer a loan of materials for a certain amount of time, at a fixed rate of interest. If the loan is not repaid by the deadline we increase the rate of interest for every week it is not repaid. If it gets too much they might be able to do some work for us, owe us a favour, or pay it back in a different resource. This would benefit us because reasons and perhaps put us on the map as a trade power.

4. Immediately set up an iron farm: We need one badly, for obvious reasons. A solid iron reserve would really help us in the obtaining of other resources, building projects and trading.

5. Find a resource to trade: We need to find a proper method with which we can trade with others and increase our stockpile. This will put us on the map in many ways. We need to branch out to the other groups and make our mark.

6. Each district starts their own recruitment campaign: This allows for the districts people often pass up because they're uncertain what they entail (sorry industry, commerce and knowledge) to recruit additional people. Plus, an increase in the number of people in the districts will allow for greater productivity in the districts.

7. Set up formal dormitory areas: These would allow for members of the districts who are not very good at building or cannot find anywhere to build, a chance to stay among people of the same district. This would hopefully encourage cooperation between members of the group. These could either be separate, themed buildings, or part of a large apartment complex/skyscraper.

If anyone has please post. Discussion is key to the survival of The Empire. :D
kmandyisaboss

Postby TBone27 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 pm

I Think i can convince NIn10dohpower to come back he left the city but i think i can talk him to coming back if he does can he run the knowledge district with me becuase me and him work great together we learn off each other when it comes to certain things
TBone27

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Of course. It'll be good to have Nin10 back on board. :)
kmandyisaboss

Postby TBone27 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38 pm

He is really a great builder and did you see my post about that i will deside about who lives in the lost city? and did Nytewarrior get accepted ? becuase if so i would like him on my build team
TBone27

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Yep, nyte got in. :D

He's currently on ptorre's redstone squad but I'm sure he could spare him.
kmandyisaboss

Postby ptorre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Well since industry is semi important. I feel I can still recruit people for various reasons including:
-Helping setup city wide power grid.
-Set up redstone lanterns across the city.
-Set up redstone island (to be announced)
-Start making automated farms and such
There are many more things we can do and now that I appointed Nyte as head Technician we can accomplish this. Me and Nyte have started terraforming an area for the "RedHeads" to get to work :D . We will start thinking up contraptions and writing blue prints, while staying formal. I can also set up matching skins for the fellow redheads or even other districts (I like to make skins) it could be a great thing to help us stay bonded. Let me know what you guys think. Pros And Cons please
Last edited by ptorre on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptorre

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Could a mod please tidy up this thread?

I established this thread so that the people of TGE and the Dominion could see just what their leaders are doing and saying; with as little clutter as possible. Just because we have a number of multi-purpose threads (one for TGE, one for council discussion, and one for legion/dominion) doesn't mean we're doing anything wrong. In fact, I don't see why no one else thought of this before. It allows for a boost to morale, knowing that your leaders are speaking, and a clutter free way for decisions to be made without TS or a limited Private messaging system.
kmandyisaboss

Postby ptorre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:27 pm

So kmandy what do you think of what I said?
ptorre

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am

Sounds good ptorre. My one recommendation would be to wait until we set up a formal cityscape before installing redstone lamp. I was hoping to go out into the desert and build an area similar to the one we had on v4, except this time even bigger. :D

If you don't know what our v4 area was, it was a 150 by 150 area of large plots which could be bought. I was hoping to perhaps build something similar either in the plains, out at sea, or in the desert. However, I'd recommend we wait a while before we start talking about this.
kmandyisaboss

Postby ptorre » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Sounds Good! Also would we need to terraform more? And also what about the vault. It says I sort stuff which I take as sorting of chests. Should I start sorting chests? If so where are the items
ptorre

Postby piethingey » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 am

I vote yes on the merger of the Farming and Logging districts. I would not mind Leading or Co-Leading it.
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Pie, that is a brilliant idea. The sad thing is that there is not yet a central food location that I know of for people to go grab a stack of whatever. I have currently been dining on spider eyes, they are plentiful enough, and just as nutritious as melon...but yes, been trying to help with the logging as well, but if you can do that, then I can simply dedicate myself to mining as usual. Also...if you will commit to not messing with my "valuable" chests (picks, shovels, etc), I will /allow you and you can store those things in the "central" storage. I just got kind of weirded out when my stuff started disappearing without accountability.
BirdBrainf4

Postby kmandyisaboss » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Okay then, does anyone have any changes they want to suggest to the original plan? Or shall we just take a vote?
kmandyisaboss

Postby TBone27 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:11 am

Kmandy how about this idea we add trading to my job list for my district ? because i can make a villager farm near the zombie spawner i made. Because i found out i loved trading villagers its entertaining to me and it can give me a chance to help out for the TGE side. If trading makes the list heres my list.
    1 Potions
    2 Trading
    3 Enchanting
    4 Making Spawners
TBone27

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Guys, I am formally resigning from TGE/Dominion. I love working with you guys in general, but I am not a fan of the layout of the area. It is way too congested. I prefer more order in my builds. I kind of wanted to air out from everything that is going on. I have found a new home that is far, far away from there, far from just about anyone, and I want to just make my own area.

It is nothing personal - I think Dominion has one of the most inviting clans of all, but I think I am just not happy with the architectural layout that is coming to be - too congested for my tastes. I wish you well on your projects.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ptorre » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm

:( :cry: please no. Goodbye Bird you will be missed. :( It is sad to see you go.
ptorre

Postby kmandyisaboss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:58 pm

We regret to hear that Bird. You will be sorely missed. :(
kmandyisaboss

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:16 pm

I may consider applying as an independent entity of Dominion once I establish myself, if the unit is okay with that. I am pretty excited about this new adventure.

Honestly, long before I played here, I kept trying to create my own towns on the other server, and people kept wanting to join my towns. It was hard for me to tell them no, so I kind of faded out from playing as much there, and gave my town to one of my assistants. This will be exciting, and I am still willing to help the unit out with supplies if needed.
BirdBrainf4

Postby TBone27 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I wish you the best Doug in your future helped me out alot and you will be missed
TBone27

Next

Return to Organizations