The Order

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

The Order

Postby TheOrder » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:59 pm

If you are looking for the older thread, please visit this page.

Mission Statement: “To protect the future of Vanillacraft, promote novel design, and encourage cooperative gameplay in the community, while challenging ourselves to pursue excellence of character.”

The Order came together in late 2013 as a group of like minded players who wanted to see their home server of VanillaCraft succeed and become a stronger, community based place to play Minecraft. With the arrival of the new map, The Order has worked to make that plan come to fruition. Maintaining a large main city called Avalon, and two smaller villages, The Order devotes its time to creating great builds and welcoming new players. Now, The Order is expanding its horizons into various other games and strives to create a gaming community all its own with the hope of bringing more players not only to The Order but also to VanillaCraft.

Trade and Commerce

All trade and commerce information can be found in our (regularlyish) updated) trading thread. A link for your convenience is here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1128

Leadership Structure

The Directorship
The mission of the Directors is to provide guidance, insight, advice, and direction to the members of The Order as well as to spearhead the recruitment process. The Directors determine who is extended an invitation and what gets built in Avalon, in terms of infrastructure and general aesthetic, however with the three tenets of The Order in mind, the Directors provide for a great deal of personal autonomy and individual creativity. To put it simply, we may decide what goes where, but it's up to the members to decide how it gets done. Currently, however, the inability of the Directors to currently be completely active on VanillaCraft has led them to take Shadow Director positions, where they share their commanding role with the Council.
Directors: Synthenos, ViralVendetta

The Order Council
The mission of the Council is to provide additional insight and advice to the members of The Order and maintain the day to day tasks of the group. Second in command, they bring forth the issues that are facing the members and provide valuable suggestions to the Directorship on various subjects. Members of the Council are awarded special perks for their hard work and dedication within the group. Under the current Shadow Directors structure, the Council may, through majority or unanimous vote, allow new members and approve large projects.
Councillors: Mr_Palmer, Vacar, Jiibrael, Tassadar631, RiderxBoys

Recruitment

We do not have an open application in the way that many groups have. There’s no set template that you can fill out, turn in, and systematically receive a “yes” or “no.” Potential members are searched for, discussed, and recruited by the Directorship and Council of The Order; players who are agreed upon as useful potential members will be invited to join the ranks of The Order. Membership is given to anyone who accepts our invitation to join The Order.

That being said, we are not omniscient and may overlook upstanding members of the VC community who would thrive as a part of our organization; if you are interested in joining us, please send a director or councillor a private message telling us so. We would love to hear from you, and your correspondence gets us thinking and talking about you quickly… some of our current members did us the favor of reaching out to us first!

Objectives

1) Construct server-benefiting builds
2) Establish a central city around a central lake, with a Treasury, Order Hall, and towers for the Directors and Councillors. The city will have roughly expanding “zones” for tower plots, industrial plots, farm plots, and rural home plots.
3) Focus heavily on community and server betterment
4) Other creative endeavors outside of the city
5) Strive to welcome and help new players
6) Donate whenever possible
7) Promote Vanillacraft and encourage its growth

Rules

We do not collect taxes, but we'll have a central treasury for materials. These materials will only be used for builds in the central city. There shall be no removal of materials for personal use. We will, however, encourage members to keep personal stores for their own individual wealth, especially to lend out to new players or share with others. The more our members give of their own accord to the Treasury, the more we can succeed as a group. If anyone acts in a way that seriously brings their character into question, the directors will discuss their future with the organization. PvP will be limited and must be done with kindness and no foul behavior. After all, our focus is to improve the community.

Active

Tassadar631
Tesria
OzzyRaptor
Jaeganator
Busa
GrimSlayer828
Jiibrael
Ludio123
Zeratul631
Tarkanon
CloudOasis9

Inactive

Joshua171 - 9/2014 Return

The Order Signatures

Type 1 Member Signatures (Last Updated: 2/6/2014, Ludio123 + Zeratul631):
Spoiler:

Notable Builds (Pictures in Spoiler Tags) :

Avalon Builds:
Central Avenues (Complete)
Spoiler:

The Treasury (Complete)
Spoiler:
Image Image

Jiib's Tree Farm (Complete)
Spoiler:
Image Image Image

SynthCorp Tower (In Progress)
Spoiler:
Image Image

Busa's Tower (In Progress)
Spoiler:

Mr_Palmer's Lighthouse (Complete)
Spoiler:

The Hall of Order (In Progress)
Spoiler:

Ozzy's Flower Shop (Complete)
Spoiler:
Regrettably, no images of this build are available right now!

The Sewers (Complete)
Spoiler:

The Lake (Complete)
Spoiler:

Bayside (In Progress)
Spoiler:
Image Image

Annwyn Builds:
Annwyn Town Center (Complete)
Spoiler:
Image Image

Annwyn New Player Housing Plots (Complete)
Spoiler:
Regrettably, no images of this build are available right now!

Early Stages/Planned Builds:

• Ashford PvP Village
  • MadDog's Tower
  • Zertaul631's Command Center
  • I-Zone Factories and Builds
Last edited by TheOrder on Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 15 times in total.
TheOrder

Re: The Order

Postby walkersgaming » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Get some screenshots up for those who haven't seen your progress!
walkersgaming

Postby MadDogT994 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Good idea, gotta at least get the Treasury on here. Working on some fancier text images too. Still very much a WIP.
MadDogT994

Postby Synthenos » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:52 pm

I'll play photographer and get some picture links to Mr. MadDog.

EDIT: More photos to come... inconvenient night and rain for pictures...

Spoiler:
Completed Builds:
Order Treasury
Image Image

Central Avenues

Sewers

Viral's Oxbow Lake

Jiib's Tree Farm
Image Image Image

Works In Progress:
Annwyn
Image Image

Palmer, Tass, and Vacar's Bayside
Image Image Image

Synth Tower
Image Image

Busa's Tower

Hall of Order
Synthenos

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Gorgeous.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm

The pictures don't really do it justice, definitely worth checking out in virtual person.

Work continues on the OP, planning to get some custom category titles and see if we can condense some of the info to the most important stuff you guys want to see.
MadDogT994

Postby knightprodigy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I am a tree!
Spoiler:
Happiness is bacon squares for breakfast.
I like tortoises. =3
knightprodigy

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Geez, I need to get going on my tower lol...

and Ashford...

and play on VC...

Adult life sucks, enjoy it while you can kiddos. Between work and home responsibilities I have maybe 30 minutes each day to play games. It's to the point where I'm considering selling my desktop and using a laptop since I can use that while doing chores or whatever. :lol:
MadDogT994

Postby ViralVendetta » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 am

MadDogT994 wrote:Adult life sucks. :lol:

Just wait till you're my age... :|
ViralVendetta

Postby Jiibrael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 am

MadDogT994 wrote: It's to the point where I'm considering selling my desktop and using a laptop since I can use that while doing chores or whatever. :lol:

Made that move a long time ago ... turns out you better keep it a safe distance away from the sinks, who knew those things aren't waterproof ? :shock:
Jiibrael

Postby MadDogT994 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Jiibrael wrote:
MadDogT994 wrote: It's to the point where I'm considering selling my desktop and using a laptop since I can use that while doing chores or whatever. :lol:

Made that move a long time ago ... turns out you better keep it a safe distance away from the sinks, who knew those things aren't waterproof ? :shock:

Hahaha I'm sure!!!

Fortunately, or unfortunately perhaps, I live in a very rural area of Southern Alabama where technology is always a few years behind. That means there's not a whole lot of people looking to buy a homebuilt gaming rig.

Also, an update for the thread. Our Roster will be undergoing some changes over the next few days. Current changes are:

- Removed TheCabbageNommer for inactivity
- Removed lavendertone for resignation following inactivity (eligible to return at any time)
- Moved Joshua171 to Inactive list due to school commitments (returning around September 2014)
MadDogT994

Postby RiderxBoys » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Jiibrael wrote:

My laptop has a spillproof keyboard (ThinkPad T440s), not that I'd want to ever test out that feature :? . But for waterproof, you may want to check out the Panasonic Toughbook line.
RiderxBoys

Location: Diffracting myself with a deBroglie wavelength of 1.559x10^-35 m

Postby RiderxBoys » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:01 am

Please welcome CloudOasis9 to The Order!
RiderxBoys

Location: Diffracting myself with a deBroglie wavelength of 1.559x10^-35 m

Postby TheOrder » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Welcome CloudOasis9!!!

A few updates:

Major graphic overhaul for the forum post, this is a WIP and will be updated progressively. MadDogT994 has lots of free time this week with his honeybun away on business, so prepare for even more updates later.

Order members, if you'd like to use your Roster pic as a signature, by all means please do.

Roster changes:
- Removed Gorbanth for inactivity
- Removed ragepeanut for inactivity

Roster is now complete, and official listing can be updated on Tautochrone's thread.
TheOrder

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:09 pm

Hate to say it....Two MODS removed for inactivity. No hate to the mods, I really like Rage a lot, and never saw Gorbanth, but get the vibe that he was good in his time.
BirdBrainf4

Postby MadDogT994 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:15 pm

They'd both explained that their time was going to be strained when we invited them, but it got to a point where we simply had to make a decision and pull the trigger. Thankfully they're both mature guys and well known buddies of mine, so I'm positive they'll understand the decision and may even feel some relief from it so they can focus on more important things like IRL concerns and in-game duties as Moderators.

It was certainly not a hostile decision or anything like that. :)
MadDogT994

Postby Tautochrone » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:28 pm

MadDogT994 wrote:and in-game duties as Moderators.

You'd have to actually be online for more than an hour every two or three weeks to do that though lol
Tautochrone

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:48 pm

General rule of thumb for a mod on the server I came from - must be active a MINIMUM of 1 hour per day, often they put in at least 2 hours a day, sometimes mulitple hours. I remember when I first started that server, I was pulling 16 hour days (was sick for real the first week it was open, and spent almost every breathing hour on there to invite players and make them feel welcome). Afterwards, I was often pulling 4-5 hour shifts per day, 4-5 days a week. It really does take a lot of time to do that job correctly, and if you get 4-5 players that are all pulling these types of shifts, it really changes the way the server operates, for the good.
BirdBrainf4

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:56 pm

BirdBrainf4 wrote:mod stuff.

Put this in a different forum post bird, not the order thread :D

ON TOPIC:
Glad to see you guys are staying organized
Last edited by ubiwubikanubi on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubiwubikanubi

Postby MadDogT994 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:05 pm

We try! A lot of our discussion goes on elsewhere (super secret squirrel private forums) or in-game, but we've been making steady progress on projects and of course looking out for solid players who will benefit the server and the group.

We've been working on expanding considerably to welcome communities from games like DayZ, WoW, LoL, War Thunder, Diablo, etc. into the fold as well. Our hope is that by letting the players we play other games with know that there is a solid MC server with a stable group of players they already know, we can bring in some new blood to VC. Plus, playing games with people you know is almost always more fun that PUGing around.
MadDogT994

Next

Return to Organizations