Williams Centre [Arena Open 24/7 + Tournament Discussion!]

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Williams Centre [Arena Open 24/7 + Tournament Discussion!]

Postby RayTunes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 am

Williams Centre is my project which focuses on bringing more minigames to the server, all in one easily accessible area. It can serve as a place to host events, hold PvP tournaments, or even for living. I think you'll find it in an interesting place as it grows bigger and new areas are introduced. Unfortunately, it's all just me building this, and I've proven not to be the fastest builder around, but unless I have a big project going, I believe things shouldn't take too long to expand. I'll keeping this thread updated with upcoming plans, events, and anything I might be designing in Creative Mode. Some builds are predictable, others are my personal creations. Below you'll be able to find a list of all minigames currently existing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

As the name suggests, the Basic PvP Arena is a PvP arena focused on very regular level PvP. The arena is open 24/7 and anyone can enter at anytime. You can choose to make use of the full arena, or simply find one specific place and battle it out there. Open rooms, narrow paths, ladders, crammed spaces, this arena has a perfect balance of space for simple battling.

There will be a tournament hosted within this area. Bringing items is optional: Only the second round will require items which consist of a full iron armour set, iron sword, and any number of melons. Date of the tournament has not been announced yet.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

The Capture The Flag Arena is based around teamwork: Two teams try to obtain the "flag" from each other, meaning some will have to venture into the danger and others stay behind to protect their area.

This arena has not been completed and is still in very early development stages.

Party Board is not PvP based, but rather something along the lines of a board game. Players will be able to interact with a board offering all sorts of different events, and the winner may be able to gather quite the jackpot. I'm not revealing the exact details just yet, but regular updates regarding the concept and building progress will be posted here!
Last edited by RayTunes on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
RayTunes

Re: Arena Center

Postby RayTunes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:22 am

Here's my progress regarding the arena thus far. Note that there's still some work left to do and seeing as me and my infinite lack of supplies are all that's working on getting it done (The main thing keeping it from getting done is that the outside of the arena is a wreck and I'm likely going to have to make additional buildings just cover some parts up.)
Spoiler:

Outside the arena:

As you can see, things are coming along pretty nicely, but there's still a lot to be polished. In the final result I hope to have a very nature rich entrance and have completely covered up the ugly from the exterior of the arena. Not to mention that all this grass is replaced desert, of course.
Last edited by RayTunes on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RayTunes

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Ray its coming along quite well, after we get some of our projects out of the way you can expect a supply donation from me
ubiwubikanubi

Postby piethingey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm

This looks very nice. I feel like it will feel like Battlefield or Modern Warfare in the since of urban bow warfare in this arena. Keep up the good work!
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby gogyst » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm

RayRay, could you put your pictures inside a code?
Code: Select all
[spoiler]pics[/spoiler]

That way we won't need to load them each time we check this topic for new responses/updates. Maybe if you want you can leave a couple outside it so the thread still looks nice.

I can't wait for this to get finished btw, didn't PvP on VC in a while and I'm kinda missing it :lol:.
gogyst

Postby RayTunes » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:44 am

Added the spoiler tag.

Here's a newly added underground room. The room'll certainly allow for some interesting battle I think. :)

And here's a pic of the secret passageway!
It's not the easiest place to find the entrance to, but the supply room will reward with a strong source of health and perhaps a slight upgrade of your armour/weapons. It will however not be too overpowered, as the secret shouldn't mean certain winning. I also think just the sense of accomplishment from finding it should be pretty cool, as there are numerous slight peaks at it scattered around the arena.

Production on the entrance'll probably be starting tomorrow, and I might finish either that day or Monday. If anyone wants to offer any donations, I'm in huge need of oak logs as usual (Covering up the ugly outside of the place will probably take a good 12 - 15 stacks), as well as red flowers/dye. I'd prefer to pay but I've run out of diamonds again, so, yeahh.
RayTunes

Postby walkersgaming » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:45 am

I'll give you all the roses you ever wanted
walkersgaming

Postby gogyst » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:35 am

walkersgaming wrote:I'll give you all the roses you ever wanted

How romantic of you!
gogyst

Postby walkersgaming » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:45 am

gogyst wrote:
walkersgaming wrote:I'll give you all the roses you ever wanted

How romantic of you!

Obviously it'll cost lots of diamonds.
walkersgaming

Postby Lozano37 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

I'll give you a stack of roses per every 10 dias
Lozano37

Postby RayTunes » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 am

Alright, I've done most of the final work needed for the arena itself, so a lil' bit of polishing should finish it up. Then it's just down to covering up the outside of the arena, which unfortunately I think is going to take quite some time because I'm literally gonna have to cover it with connected houses, big ones too.
RayTunes

Postby RayTunes » Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 am

Ayyy, the arena itself is pretty much done. All I need to do is some very slight polishing and then it's on to the outside of the place. The faster it gets done, the quicker I can open up the arena and host our first PvP event. If you'd like to donate (or sell) please please please have it be one of these:

- Dirt
- Oak logs
- Mossy cobblestone

If resources aren't an issue, I expect this shouldn't take all *that* long.
RayTunes

Postby RayTunes » Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 am

Alright, if my weekend remains empty, I might be able to promise the finished product by the upcoming Monday or Tuesday. :) So if you have any unneeded dirt or would like to sell some, please let me know.
RayTunes

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed May 07, 2014 1:46 pm

RayTunes wrote:Alright, if my weekend remains empty, I might be able to promise the finished product by the upcoming Monday or Tuesday. :) So if you have any unneeded dirt or would like to sell some, please let me know.

If I see you in-game I can drop some off.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Postby RayTunes » Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 am

Alright alright alright. I've been pretty inactive this week unfortunately, but not enough to keep me from working pretty hard on the arena. I was going to finish it tomorrow but something is in the way, so either Sunday or Monday will be the completion of the arena, and from there on we can discuss our first sever PvP tournament!
RayTunes

Re: Williams Centre

Postby RayTunes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 am

Big update guys!

The first arena (Basic PvP Arena) is now completed and zoned! Anyone is able to access the arena at any time, but please make sure you're not interrupting anyone else's battle or attempt to troll them during their battle, keep it nice and clean inside. Also, I think you can remove grass/flowers in a zoned area, but don't mind if you accidentally break any, but also don't purposely try to mow my lawn. The arena is looking great and I think you'll all quite like its balance between complex and open sections. Upon dying, you'll be spawned right outside, so potentially you could have a ten round fist fight if you wanted to. Again, please don't mess with each other, and have some fun together. Note that the surrounding area of the arena is still looking a bit scruffy, but I'll be working on that in the upcoming days. I decided to open the arena before fixing it up because I feel we're all in for a little refresher on the server.

The arena is located at:

X: -803
Z: 362

Now as for the tournament:
Yes, I want to host one, no I don't know what day or how late, however I do know I'm going on a three week vacation starting the 22nd so I'd like to try and squeeze it in sometime before that. The best possible day for me would the upcoming Saturday (June 21), as I will be needed to do some slight hosting and making sure people aren't breaking any rules. But of course, the players matter too, so if you could post some best days and times I'd appreciate that.

Something else regarding the tournament: If you happen to have some unwanted enderpearls lying around, I'd love to take them off you. I've already got the required potions and other tools, so on the day of the tournament I'll be filling up the dispensers.

Here's how the tournament is gonna work: There will be two rounds. The first match will use the dispensers placed around the arena. These contain swords, armour, potions, enderpearls, and food. Before the match begins, you are given 25 seconds to run inside and find the best spot to start out, during this time you may not attack other players or access any dispensers. Once the match begins, you will want to focus on finding as many dispensers as you can. Be careful where you choose to go: Some areas will have more items than others. Also remember the importance of enderpearls: There's a couple places that'll serve offer you some neat sniping spots and contain some higher quality items.

The second match will be a full iron battle. If you want to participate in the second match, I'm gonna have to ask you to bring your own armour/sword. Again you'll get 25 seconds, but this time no dispensers will be used. Pretty simple.

As for future builds in the area:
Yes, the Basic PvP Arena will indeed be followed up by an Advanced PvP Arena, as well as a Capture The Flag arena. This arena is more of a test to see how players interact with a more complex space unlike the usual open and empty arena, and from there on I can see where I'll be taking things. I've already got plans for the Capture The Flag one, which will be opened up before Advanced. You'll find more interactive landscape in these.

I'm also working on a concept called Party Board: A board game in Minecraft. I've been thinking about building something along the lines of this ever since v4, and I'm really excited to get started. I'm not releasing any details just yet, but very soon I'll be updating this thread regularly along with information about the Capture The Flag arena. Before I get started though, I'd like to first fix up the land around the current arena, but I will be working things out in Creative Mode meanwhile.

So there, that's some stuff to excite you. :)
RayTunes

Re: Williams Centre [Arena Open 24/7 + Tournament Discussion

Postby bos34ton » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Well done Ray! I checked it out today and I'm very impressed. However, I couldn't find an enderchest any where. So if there is one, where is it? If there isn't one, then I suggest you add one or more :)
I'm looking forward to future events at this arena!
bos34ton

Re: Williams Centre [Arena Open 24/7 + Tournament Discussion

Postby RayTunes » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:53 am

bos34ton wrote:Well done Ray! I checked it out today and I'm very impressed. However, I couldn't find an enderchest any where. So if there is one, where is it? If there isn't one, then I suggest you add one or more :)
I'm looking forward to future events at this arena!

Good point, I'll set one up next time I'm online.
RayTunes

Return to Organizations