Western Trade Coalition

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: Western Trade Coalition

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Wed May 14, 2014 2:32 pm

jollysaintj wrote:The placement of noob town is way off. The northeast corner is desert. On that map it's green.

Edits Made
ubiwubikanubi

Postby walkersgaming » Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Considered making a map just of the west so it's more detailed and awesome?
walkersgaming

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Wed May 21, 2014 4:26 pm

I got myself a world map and screen-shotted the western portion of it. I used paint and drew on some very rough border lines for K.V.K. Hopefully you can do a better job on the bigger map!

The map:
V2DISCOUNT

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:00 pm

I've had an idea floating around in my head ( :!: ) about an underground railway between members of the WTC. I hear it's already been done between Swa and Mald and was thinking that this could be replicated. I understand that The Order doesn't particularly like things going beneath their stuff so it could simply go around.

Here is a map of the proposed route:

Black: Railways
Red: Stations

I know I'm only assuming the route of the existing Mald - Swa Railway but you guys can update it if you want.

Edit: I noticed I messed up the image. Fixed now.
Edit2: Edited the map so it includes more straight lines and a station for Mr_Garrison.
Last edited by V2DISCOUNT on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby MrPalmer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:54 am

The Order is just fine with people making a rail system underneath our land--just let us know where and when. Swa and Mald were having problems with THP on underground land issues.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby ViralVendetta » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 am

MrPalmer wrote:The Order is just fine with people making a rail system underneath our land--just let us know where and when.

Seconded.
ViralVendetta

Postby jollysaintj » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 am

MrPalmer wrote:The Order is just fine with people making a rail system underneath our land--just let us know where and when. Swa and Mald were having problems with THP on underground land issues.

If planned accordingly ahead of time before starting to build we will consider it. We have had plans to do our own just honestly arent ready to start on it yet.
jollysaintj

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 am

MrPalmer wrote:The Order is just fine with people making a rail system underneath our land--just let us know where and when.

Sorry, it was just that when Swa suggested something like this earlier in the year [this] you guys didn't like a tunnel going below Avalon.
This is essentially a refined version of that but for the west. A lot of cooperation between everyone involved would be needed but we need to hear from the other groups and whither they actually want this. We can then work out a more accurate route for the tunnels and find out who is building what etc...
V2DISCOUNT

Postby Boatsink » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Just wondering, I see that there is a line toward Mr_garisson, but no station. Would there be a station over there?
Boatsink

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Boatsink wrote:Just wondering, I see that there is a line toward Mr_garisson, but no station. Would there be a station over there?

Sorry, yeah I used an outdated version of the map. Fixed now but with straighter lines and a station at Mr_Garrison.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby Tautochrone » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:45 pm

How do you plan on setting up these 3-way and 4-way stations? You should come up with an idea that everyone can use so there arent 15 different kinds of rail stations confusing the hell out of people.
Tautochrone

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Tautochrone wrote:How do you plan on setting up these 3-way and 4-way stations? You should come up with an idea that everyone can use so there arent 15 different kinds of rail stations confusing the hell out of people.

I'm in the process of designing a station for these junctions and making a design for the tunnels as a whole. It will be simple but not too simple that it looks shabby. I will try and see what Swa's tunnel to Mald looks like and base it off that. I will post the images of these new designs here or I may create a new topic to make things more convenient.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby Jiibrael » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:55 pm

V2DISCOUNT wrote:

Sorry, it was just that when Swa suggested something like this earlier in the year [this] you guys didn't like a tunnel going below Avalon.
This is essentially a refined version of that but for the west. A lot of cooperation between everyone involved would be needed but we need to hear from the other groups and whither they actually want this. We can then work out a more accurate route for the tunnels and find out who is building what etc...

The point at that time, and it still holds, is that if any rail line is going through The Order's underground, it'll have to follow a path (under Avalon and Annwyn) that we'll draw so it doesn't interfere with existing and planned projects. That's all. Other than that we'll be happy to contribute.
Jiibrael

Postby Tautochrone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:36 am

Jiibrael wrote:The point at that time, and it still holds, is that if any rail line is going through The Order's underground, it'll have to follow a path (under Avalon and Annwyn) that we'll draw so it doesn't interfere with existing and planned projects. That's all. Other than that we'll be happy to contribute.

The same holds true for for THP :)
Tautochrone

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Tautochrone wrote:
Jiibrael wrote:The point at that time, and it still holds, is that if any rail line is going through The Order's underground, it'll have to follow a path (under Avalon and Annwyn) that we'll draw so it doesn't interfere with existing and planned projects. That's all. Other than that we'll be happy to contribute.

The same holds true for for THP :)

Noted. I will try to get on either tonight (monday) or tomorrow to talk about where something like this could actually go as the map is simply based upon what (i think) is most likely. I can easily make changes to the map if need be.
Personally, I think that a railway (and station) from just outside the starter zone should be priority because that would help newcomers see what's the craic in the west. (Sorry for my irish there :) )
V2DISCOUNT

Postby Tautochrone » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Hmmm, maybe we can utilize some of the space in THP's building for that "station just outside of spawn"? We're planning on putting a station there anyways for our "inter-THP system". I'll talk with the other guys about this.
Tautochrone

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 pm

I just realised something... Why didn't we call this "Western Trade Federation" or WTF for short?! :lol:

Never mind, anyway. Is anyone even still interested in this? It's activity has gone down the gutter after about the first month of it coming into fruition.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Because Waltco Trade Federation already has that acronym. :P
kmandyisaboss

Postby MrPalmer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 pm

I still care! My understanding of the WTC was that is it exists to solve common problems and to increase regional efficiency. So far, no one has had any problems to speak of, and we are working towards an underground railway system. You have yet to ask the Order for any material help, but be assured you have our implicit support.

"When you've done something right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all."
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby Lonewolf709 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 am

BTW Hyperion has half of its land inside the west box sooo, would that it possible to join the coalition?
Lonewolf709

PreviousNext

Return to Organizations