VC Fight Club (Archive)

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

VC Fight Club (Archive)

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Archive
I have had this idea for a long time and now that multiple PvP arena's are being built I think it is time to launch it. Keep in mind we are just discussing things here. The official thread will be posted later. Here is how this works:

Check the first post in the next page for answered questions!

Individual Fights:
Players can join the league by paying 1 diamond block. They are then entered into the league and can challenge other players in the league. When two players have agreed upon a dual the time and arena will be posted on this thread. They choose the gear and agree whether the winner gets to keep the gear. Spectators can then attend the event and bet on who is going to win. The betting will be exactly like horse racing. You will win more diamonds if you bet on the less picked player. Then the winner of the fight will get a share of the diamonds. The loser will walk away with nothing. I will keep updating records on each player and maybe do some summary's of fights. This is still a work in progress so suggestions are appreciated.

Upcoming Individual Fights:
None

Team Fights:
Teams can join the league by playing 1 diamond blocks. Teams can have up to 6 players, but fights can range from 2-6 players. If you challenge another team the other team must have the same amount of players as your team. That means if you challenge a team of four and you have 6 players, you must sit 2 players out. When two teams schedule a fight it the time and arena will be posted on this thread. The teams get to choose the gear to use and they get to decide whether the winners keep the gear. Spectators can then attend the event and bet on who is going to win. The betting will be exactly like horse racing. You will win more diamonds if you bet on the less picked player. The team that wins gets all the gear and they get a share of the diamonds. The losing team will walk away with nothing. I will keep updating records on each team and do summary's. This is still a work in progress so suggestions are appreciated.

Upcoming Team Fights:
None

Any Taker Challenge (Individual/Team):
None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tournaments:
Tournaments will include individual and team fights. These will be scheduled by the league and the rules will be decided when the tournament is coming up.

Upcoming Tournaments:
Vacarn's Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1326
(Winner gets free spot in fight club)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Records:

Individual Records:
None

Team Records:
None

Tournament Champions:
None

Arenas:
None

Bets:
On Hold (Need somebody to take charge of this position)

Final Three Things:
1. If you own arena and want to help host these fights please post on this thread and then the players can choose your arenas!
2. I also need someone to help me work on the betting part of things, so send me a pm if you are interested in taking over that project!
3. If you want to sign up the official thread will be posted soon!
Thanks!
Last edited by OzzyRaptor on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:06 am, edited 12 times in total.
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Re: VC Fight Club

Postby Donutman52 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:44 pm

OzzyRaptor wrote:Upcoming Individual Fights:
None

I'm calling out Tautochrone, I want him :twisted:
Donutman52

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Donutman52 wrote:
OzzyRaptor wrote:Upcoming Individual Fights:
None

I'm calling out Tautochrone, I want him :twisted:

Ya I think we will see some good fights and some interesting rivalry's. Hopefully, this will be a lot of fun.
OzzyRaptor

Postby walkersgaming » Sun May 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Will it be a case of keepsies? Maybe just the sword as a trophy?
walkersgaming

Postby Tautochrone » Sun May 18, 2014 8:02 pm

What's to stop me from throwing a fight after the rest of THP bets heavily on the other person I'm fighting? Same goes for any other group.
Tautochrone

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm

walkersgaming wrote:Will it be a case of keepsies? Maybe just the sword as a trophy?

It says in the description that you lose the stuff but I am up for suggestions. Or it can be decided by the players who are in the fight.

Tautochrone wrote:What's to stop me from throwing a fight after the rest of THP bets heavily on the other person I'm fighting? Same goes for any other group.

Well you would lose your stuff and the diamonds. Plus, since your organization bet so many diamonds they wouldn't make a huge profit, unless a ton of people were for you. I would hope that people wouldn't throw fights anyway though :|

Edit: Or we could make it that you couldn't place a bet against your own organization, but that would take some of the fun out of it.
Last edited by OzzyRaptor on Sun May 18, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzzyRaptor

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Moved to topic above to avoid double post! ^
OzzyRaptor

Postby RiderxBoys » Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 pm

What sort of equipment are we looking at here?

Will it be fist fighting? Or swords? Or swords/potions/bows and full on use anything/everything?

Will both players be matched as far as equipment or is it a "bring your own.." game?
RiderxBoys

Location: Diffracting myself with a deBroglie wavelength of 1.559x10^-35 m

Postby ubiwubikanubi » Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 pm

RiderxBoys wrote:What sort of equipment are we looking at here?

Will it be fist fighting? Or swords? Or swords/potions/bows and full on use anything/everything?

Will both players be matched as far as equipment or is it a "bring your own.." game?

my thoughts exactly
ubiwubikanubi

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Bring your own stuff and anything is allowed with the exception of potions.
OzzyRaptor

Postby bos34ton » Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Interesting idea... Perhaps a best 2 out of 3 or something? At least for individual fights.
bos34ton

Postby OzzyRaptor » Sun May 18, 2014 11:17 pm

bos34ton wrote:Interesting idea... Perhaps a best 2 out of 3 or something? At least for individual fights.

Good suggestion!
OzzyRaptor

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Talking about the "less popular player"...I think it is unfair to give anyone a rating based on opinion. In chess, there is an ELO, and I think it would work well to also have an ELO for this, to help establish ratings odds. In the beginning, everyone would start out at a flat rating...on chess.com, all newbies start at 1200, and quickly ascend or descend to their basic rating.

Not sure if we have someone that can set up such a system, but I am almost positive we could find something on the net that would give us a working setup. This would help to establish odds and payouts.
BirdBrainf4

Postby Vacar » Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Contrary to what we normally do when these threads come up, we need to just execute rather than worry about every small detail. Similar to the UN and other failed plans, when trying to fix the little issues, the whole idea eventually just collapses. One of the only successful events we've had came when THP did their build contest. They thought of the idea, made the topic, set a date, and immediately started taking sign-ups. That's how I believe this Fight Club needs to go. Once you find an arena you can use, I think you should make a new topic with everything planned out and start asking for people to sign up (I know you did that here, but people aren't going to sign up for nothing.)

On the Arcation server once upon a time, I hosted PVP tournaments weekly and called for signups for a specific date. When that time eventually came, some people didn't show up and I would ban them from future tournaments. Every time I would get reserve signups just incase people didn't make it. When tournament day eventually arrived, gogyst and Unboxer helped make sure everything was executed properly and all went smoothly. Many of the similar properties of this fight club are identical to how we did it.

When I was hosting the tournaments, the server count was similar to how it is now. Enough people browse these forums so that you should get enough for at least 16 people for one. You need to just find any arena available and schedule a date. I know at least 6-7 people from Arcation who would sign up so basically that's half a tournament right there. Once one of these things happen and people enjoy it, then we can start talking about rankings and stuff. For now though, get some groundwork going.

Start simple.
Vacar

Postby OzzyRaptor » Mon May 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks Vacar! I will post the official thread when PvP arenas start popping up I guess. This can just be a discussion thread.

Bird, I never said the less popular player will not get as many diamonds or anything. It's just if you bet for the player who has better odds of winning will give you a smaller prize if they win, but if you bet for the person with less odds then you will receive more diamonds.
OzzyRaptor

Postby Vacar » Mon May 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Sounds good Ozzy. Do you know anyone that has been working on one? I know Raytunes has one, so if he allows us we can just host it there.

Here is sort of a mockup list of things you need to do:

1) Find an arena to use. This step involves seeing if any are being worked on and what's currently available. If nothing is open or useable, one needs to be built.

2) Figure out all the details vital to the first tournament. Meaning how many people can enter, how are teams going to be made, what are going to be the prizes for the winner(s), when is it going to take place, etc.

3) Inform a mod. There's absolutely no way a tournament can go on without mod support. You would need to contact staff and see what are the specifics on what happens to people who don't obey the rules of the competition. A mod needs to be able to be present on the date of the tournament.

4) Make the post detailing everything about the competition. The topic is purely going to be for any questions specific to the tournament and will otherwise act as a place for people to sign up.

5) Construct a bracket and make sure the date planned works for the majority of people involved.

If enough people signup, then tournament day can be discussed.
Vacar

Postby Tautochrone » Mon May 19, 2014 2:27 pm

If you're going to do odds-based betting and prizes make sure either you or someone helping you can actually calculate the odds and prizes based on what was bet. It would suck either having not enough diamonds to pay out top the winners our having leftovers lol.
Tautochrone

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 pm

OzzyRaptor wrote:Thanks Vacar! I will post the official thread when PvP arenas start popping up I guess. This can just be a discussion thread.

Bird, I never said the less popular player will not get as many diamonds or anything. It's just if you bet for the player who has better odds of winning will give you a smaller prize if they win, but if you bet for the person with less odds then you will receive more diamonds.

What I am saying is that you need a reliable system of odds. Perhaps let's say for instance you did something akin to the ELO - two fighters begin at 1200, and one wins. Therefore, the winner bumps to 1300, the loser to 1100, etc (this is rough, nowhere near intended to be accurate).

I mean, there are various methods for figuring out an odds setup, and perhaps you could simply do it Vegas style, where the dealer (you) gives odds, and they bet against your odds. You would be a bookie then :D
BirdBrainf4

Postby RiderxBoys » Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Given the wide variety of available equipment options, I would like to see certain fights with equipment limitations. By that, I'd mean like a fight where no one can use enchanted items, for instance. Or just fistfighting in (colored) leather armor.

I also think that due to this variety of equipment possibilities, a general ELO is not the most accurate measurement of a person's skill. The alternative would really depend on how much effort people wanna put into this, but I was thinking of a large statistics breakdown that *may* go into some sort of an average final score. However, for fight odds, we'd look at the specifically applicable statistics we have for each situation. For instance, a bow-only fight would not use an average ELO since that mostly includes swordfighting as well. Instead it would use a more specific bowfighting score. For these things, each measurement would be 1 to 1000 in a variety of categories. For an average player I'd start their score at around 400-500, but that can vary greatly by the end of the first fight. Some possible categories would set up like this:

Swordfighting Skill, Unenchanted (1-1000) - For punching and unenchanted swords, how well does a fighter use these weapons to attack the enemy and block advances. Factors into this score are DPS (as a fraction of maximum possible), advanced attack techniques, and blocking (not applicable for punches).

Swordfighting Skill, Enchanted (1-1000) - For enchanted swords, and very similar to the previous item with the addition of how effectively a user uses their enchantments such as knockback or fire to inflict maximum damage

Archery Skill (1-1000) - Covering both enchanted and unenchanted bows, this measure details how accurate (hit %), efficient (DPS), and advanced (special tactics such as cover shots, rythm breakers, rapidfire blocking) a user's bow skills are.

Basic Locomotion (1-1000) - Covers how well a user maneuvers the ground by running, jumping circling, and basic techniques. Precision and efficiency are key.

Advanced Locomotion (1-1000) - Covers advanced fighting techniques such as use of cover, teleportation, entry/exit from a fight when necessary.

Agility (1-1000) - How well does a user switch between tasks/fighting types. Ideal users will seamlessly transition from bowfighting to a head-on charge to a circling maneuver, for instance. Delays carry penalties in this score.

Armor Bonuses ( + 1-300) - Bonuses given based on how effectively a user times attacks and retreats to inflict maximum damage without risking death. Specific bonuses are given based on each armor type and associated enchantments. Functions purely as a bonus to a general fighting score.

And for team fights:

Team Skills (1-2000) - A 2,000 point scale including larger factors such as how accurate are users at only hitting enemy players (though this may not be an issue at all later), how well teams use formations and grouping to inflict greater damage, and how smooth a team moves as a whole.

A combination of all of these scores goes into an overall ELO for each player. Winning/Losing shouldn't carry a fixed bonus/penalty, but should vary based on how each side fought, rewarding valiant but unsuccessful efforts while punishing sloppy but victorious ones (of course, the winner would likely still go up in ELO, just less so than they could have)

As for using these values... how will this work? What information would be public and what would be private? Would overall ELO's be posted on the forums, or will they be kept secret and only revealed as a series of odds?
RiderxBoys

Location: Diffracting myself with a deBroglie wavelength of 1.559x10^-35 m

Postby Lozano37 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Am I allowed to use my PVP hacks for this?
Lozano37

Next

Return to Organizations