VC Fight Club (Archive)

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: VC Fight Club

Postby OzzyRaptor » Mon May 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Ok just an update of what I am thinking:

1. The players/teams get to choose the rules of the fight. They can agree on using certain gear or whatever. The players/teams involved in the fight can choose if they keep the items at the end or return them. Regardless, the winner will get diamonds at the end.

2. Tauto, your exactly right about the betting and I see what you mean. I will be needing some help with the betting so if someone would like to be in charge of the betting part of this club that would be fantastic! Please pm me if you are interested!

3. Rider although I like your idea, I don't want this to be to complicated. I don't want to have to baby-sit this forum because then I would lose interest fast. I feel confident that I can manage player/team records, but thats about all.

4. I am changing the tournaments to playoffs. Once I post the official thread and get people signed up, I want to make sure that the individual and team fights are going well first. Then the regular season will begin and at the end there will be a player/team bracket. We will have an individual champ and a championship team at the end of the year.

5. No hacking lol.

6. Vacarn I am trying to model this as a challenged based PvP event. Meaning that it never ends, so it technically is like a really long tournament. Since the players challenge each other and pick what they use in the fights I don't think we will need mods. Thats the neat thing about this! Of course I might have a playoff every once in a while, but I am still thinking about how that would work.

OP also updated!
OzzyRaptor (La Selva/Elite/TheOrder)
Clash of Clans: Thornwall
League: OzzyRaptor
http://www.youtube.com/theozzyraptor
http://www.twitch.tv/ozzyraptor
OzzyRaptor

Re: VC Fight Club (5/19/14)

Postby walkersgaming » Mon May 19, 2014 10:50 pm

I would prefer a community event when everyone gets on and we have a tournament for a few hours.
walkersgaming

Postby OzzyRaptor » Mon May 19, 2014 11:54 pm

walkersgaming wrote:I would prefer a community event when everyone gets on and we have a tournament for a few hours.

Look I'm just gonna be honest here, I didn't make a thread for what you prefer. If you have a suggestion great, if not then I don't see the need to post here. I imagine plenty of people will be hosting PvP tournaments once we start seeing arenas. This is something different that will bring PvP back to VC in a long term way. I would describe it like boxing.
Me: "Yo Jaeg, Tauto and Jolly are fighting tonight are you gonna watch."
Jaeg: "Of course, lets bet on it!"

So in the future, this is already in action and I would appreciate suggestions that are relevant to the thread. And walkers don't worry, I imagine the server will have plenty of PvP tournaments :D
Thanks!
OzzyRaptor

Postby Jaeganator » Tue May 20, 2014 12:33 am

OzzyRaptor wrote:Me: "Yo Jaeg, Tauto and Jolly are fighting tonight are you gonna watch."
Jaeg: "Of course, lets bet on it!"

I'll bet on Tauto.

Back on topic:
This is a great idea! When do sign-ups start.
Jaeganator

Postby piethingey » Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 am

walkersgaming wrote:I would prefer a community event when everyone gets on and we have a tournament for a few hours.

Huzzah!
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby OzzyRaptor » Tue May 20, 2014 3:29 am

piethingey wrote:

Huzzah!

Pie did you not read anything I just said? Don't make me say it again, there will be plenty of organized PvP tournaments, but this is something different so if you don't have anything important to post then don't post.
OzzyRaptor

Postby Vacar » Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 am

Don't get me wrong Ozzy, you have an awesome idea and you should run with it, but don't reject everyone's potential ideas just because you have a certain vision. My and Walkers suggestion I believe would fit this particularly idea fantastic. It would be the perfect kickstart to propel the general standings and build the whole plan you have. If you don't want to do that -- it's ok, but simply having a match between 2 people will not show that this is actually authentic. The idea will never take off when you have a few people from the same clan constantly boosting their ranks and never involving anyone else. You need a larger, planned event to get this thing started.

So far, we haven't had one PVP tournament, so I don't know how you're led to believe we will have "plenty of PVP tournaments" in the future. The whole stigma of PVP has always been terrible here, so it's delusional to think that people have always been open to PVP tournaments.

Furthermore, I have to agree with Walkers here. Beginning off this Fight Club with a small 1v1 inner-clan battle and a few spectators is not the way to start this. If you want to keep it that way -- that's totally fine, but it won't go very far.

The way you handled Walkers and Pie's comments is definitely concerning to me being on board with this idea.
Vacar

Postby Tautochrone » Tue May 20, 2014 10:55 am

walkersgaming wrote:I suggest a community event when everyone gets on and we have a tournament for a few hours.

piethingey wrote:I suggest Huzzah!

Fixed so Ozzy doesn't rage.
Tautochrone

Postby OzzyRaptor » Tue May 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Tautochrone wrote:
walkersgaming wrote:I suggest a community event when everyone gets on and we have a tournament for a few hours.

piethingey wrote:I suggest Huzzah!

Fixed so Ozzy doesn't rage.

Not raging, its just a little bit frustrating haha. It's just the main point of this thing is that it isn't a PvP tournament. Kicking it off with a PvP tourney might make sense, but when people say, "Lets just do a PvP tournament" its a little annoying. A PvP tourney might be fun for a day, but it doesn't bring PvP back like this idea would. It sounds like there needs to be some sort of kickoff tournament, but then again it wasn't really part of my plan :?
Edit: And I am not saying that I am against all suggestions, its just committing to hosting a PvP tournament is a lot harder then what I had planned. I am sure you understand that, but I guess if enough people are interested then it might help gather members.
OzzyRaptor

Postby Vacar » Tue May 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Okay, I'll stop bugging with the idea then. Currently I'm working on a mockup of the arena, so in hopefully a week or so there will be an authentic arena near spawn to use. Once it's done, I'll make a post and host a PVP tournament, and you can pull rankings from the results if you would like.
Vacar

Postby walkersgaming » Tue May 20, 2014 2:07 pm

How is committing to a scheduled PvP tournament more of a commitment then what you have planned? I think what you have is over complicated and you should combine your idea with organised tourneys.

I also think you're overreacting hugely to people trying to help you...
walkersgaming

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Ozzy, take it with a grain of salt. It means a lot of people are ALSO interested in this idea. You have started something really good. Perhaps you could be part of a coalition of fight clubs, but run yours with specific in-house rules. Just consider yourself blessed to have opened floodgates, as it were.
BirdBrainf4

Postby glibby » Tue May 20, 2014 4:16 pm

After this takes off, it might be interesting to implement randomized 1v1 tournaments. For example, eight players who all want to fight are assigned numbers 1-8. Then, an official (such as Ozzy) will use a random matchup generator on the interwebs to determine the fighters in the first, second, third, and fourth matches. Then the survivors will go on and be randomly picked to fight each other. Basically, players will get eliminated until only the final two are left, and then the winner of that final fight gets a reward.
glibby

Postby Tautochrone » Tue May 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Harking back to what Vacarn said yesterday...enough talk, just do it. I can already feel this thing being literally talked to death. Run it, figure out what bugs are in the system and fix it on the fly. Theorizing about every possible scenario in this thread will only make everyone more and more hesitant to invest their time in it.

Do what I did with the build contest and wing it. I ended up adjusting plot sizes, adding plots and adjusting the prize structure many times and it turned out just fine.
Tautochrone

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue May 20, 2014 5:18 pm

This seems like a good idea but the only problem I see is Timezones... People in GMT would miss out on fights going on in PST if they were held past at least 6PM (which is well in the AM times in GMT). Would be even worse for people farther east than GMT. I would suggest time-zone specific tournaments then like at the weekend (when people (usually) don't have work/ school) a tournament between each time-zone. Just an idea I'm throwing out there. ;)
V2DISCOUNT

Postby OzzyRaptor » Tue May 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Don't worry Tauto once a PvP arena is up, I am going to do it. Thanks for the feedback everyone and I apologize to everyone who I overreacted to. Walkers you had some good ideas, its just in my eyes organizing a bunch of people at one time is a lot harder then spreading it out into separate fights. Glibby that is a great idea, we can definitely do that if everyone is up for it. Vacarn that would be awesome if I could use the results. I can only handle so much and that would be great! Thanks guys!
OzzyRaptor

Postby ViralVendetta » Wed May 21, 2014 2:58 am

I love this idea. I definitely get what you're trying to do. It definitely gives players with tight schedules the ability to schedule a match that works for him or her. Its definitely more difficult to get everyone together in one place. This server wide fight club in my opinion works just as well as a huge scheduled event because... whether its one on one, or 6 on 6, you're still scheduling everything out. In this way, however, you schedule the event in a way where participants can all be available to attend, instead of saying "Hey, this event will be on such and such date, sign up if you can make it."

Also, no idea is going to ever be made into a "one size fits all" idea. Thus the UN, among other ideas, fizzled out.

I agree with a previous statement made by vacar. We just need to take this at face value and run with it...

Ozzy I do kinda have an idea you can toss around though. What do you think about allowing individuals or groups to post an "any takers" kind of challenge? Perameters could be posted and then another individual or group could post to accept. Then a meeting place and time could be discussed.

For example:

Fighter: ViralVendetta

Wager: 15 diamonds

Perameters: Infinity Bow, arrow, unenchanted iron armor. Ranged only, no melee.

Arena: Ray's place.

Any takers?

Something along those lines... what do you think?
ViralVendetta

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed May 21, 2014 4:18 am

I love it! I think a lot of people on this server would also be up for the task haha. I will add that to the OP tomorrow night.
OzzyRaptor

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 am

How will you handle no-shows? I assume most of the fighters on here, if there was a no-show, would likely be based on unforeseen circumstances. It would be nice to allow for rescheduling fights based on this. Just in case a person commits, and then something happens last minute unexpected and they don't even really have time to log in or what not.

As I said, great idea, just always thinking up ideas :P
BirdBrainf4

Postby OzzyRaptor » Wed May 21, 2014 1:31 pm

BirdBrainf4 wrote:How will you handle no-shows? I assume most of the fighters on here, if there was a no-show, would likely be based on unforeseen circumstances. It would be nice to allow for rescheduling fights based on this. Just in case a person commits, and then something happens last minute unexpected and they don't even really have time to log in or what not.

As I said, great idea, just always thinking up ideas :P

If a fighter doesn't show we can always reschedule the event.

Edit: OP updated with tournament info and Viral's new idea!
OzzyRaptor

PreviousNext

Return to Organizations