Western Railway Network (WRN)

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Re: Western Railway Network (WRN)

Postby ViralVendetta » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 pm

VD it looks great! (hue hue) Let me or palmer know when you're ready to go through Avalon... and let Jiib know if you need to go through Annwyn.
ViralVendetta

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 am

Good News, everyone! I managed to persuade Ryan to allow me to dig the tunnel under the Ice Spikes. Now we are (In the meantime) connected via a 2x1 tunnel. I'm in the process of making it 3x3 from my end. Went up to your end Boston/ Coach and it's good to see that quite a lot of it is 3x3. (I hope I'm not the only person who read this in Professor Farnsworth's voice)
V2DISCOUNT

Postby bos34ton » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Sweet, glad we can go under the biome. WannabeCupquake has volunteered to help dig from my end, so she's doing that at this very moment! We ought to give her credit somewhere in game.
bos34ton

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Updated the OP!
Added a "Contributors" section to show who has been working on the tunnels and recognise them for their work.
Also updated the map to show the dug tunnel sections, completed tunnel sections & names of each station. The names will probably change.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby Lonewolf709 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 am

I can whenever I get on VC. BTW you might as well connect Hyperion to the system as it is basically next to the highlighted section.
Lonewolf709

Postby CoachCoppock » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 am

I just went to mine some more of the tunnel and noticed that the digging part is complete! (3x3 the whole way)
So that's good, I'll work on laying down more of the track soon.

I also noticed that there were a lot of holes from ores being mined, including some of the diamonds bos34ton and I left torches on to come back and mine with silk or fortune. If this was done by anyone who helped dig the tunnel, which is only WannabeCupquake and V2DISCOUNT from what I understand, then it's no big deal. If it was done by someone other than us I think that's gotta be against the rules or something...

Picture for reference
Uncle Sam wrote:We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.
CoachCoppock

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 am

Sorry, yeah, My friend (mwmw2bo) helped dig the last bit and he said he was going to dig out ores that had been left behind. I haven't got around to filling them in. And just wondering, how are you guys laying out the tracks? I don't want to be laying out the tracks and them not to be in the same way as you guys are laying them.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby bos34ton » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:19 pm

We're placing powered rails every 32 blocks, with a detector rail on either side of it. We could place them more frequently if you'd like to make it faster?
bos34ton

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 pm

Hmmm. I like Speed. How about every 20-ish blocks? Or maybe 10 'cause in 1.8 rails are gonna be a lot faster so I think if we make it fast now, it'll be like a bullet train in 1.8!
V2DISCOUNT

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh and Palmer/ Viral, is z=-176 a good line to go along towards spawn? Does it interfere with anything at Avalon? I'm wanting there to be plenty of space outside starter for a decent station and along the -176 line it is near the Arcation shop and near the THP podzol road which could connect to a station?
If anyone is good at building and wants to help out, post your designs for a spawn station that is easy to understand and appeals to new and old players.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby bos34ton » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Alright that works, I'm out of town again through Saturday though. When I get back I'll get to work on that.

If you plan to work on it and need iron, you're welcome to access my iron farm chest. Just don't suck me dry.
bos34ton

Postby Jiibrael » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 pm

V2DISCOUNT wrote:Oh and Palmer/ Viral, is z=-176 a good line to go along towards spawn? Does it interfere with anything at Avalon? I'm wanting there to be plenty of space outside starter for a decent station and along the -176 line it is near the Arcation shop and near the THP podzol road which could connect to a station?
If anyone is good at building and wants to help out, post your designs for a spawn station that is easy to understand and appeals to new and old players.

What depth will the tunnels be at ? Are you willing to go up/down if needed ?
Also, is the station supposed to be a building covering a staircase (or any other safe way) down to the tunnel or a minecart launching pad ? (meaning the carts would then go down)
Jiibrael

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 pm

The Tunnel is (currently) either at layer 10 or layer 20, depending on what is most convenient on that stretch of tunnel. The K.V.K is at layer 20 and the tunnel that goes south from there is at layer 20.
It is at a 2-way junction so I think the best way would be to have it be stairs going down to the Tunnel (the kvk one is like this). I was thinking that inside there be a map of the West in item frames. (I plan on mapping one out) If you have any ideas on what it could look like Jiib, either post some images of a prototype or describe what it could look like.
V2DISCOUNT

Postby MrPalmer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 pm

z=-179 is clear all the way though Avalon. It's perfect placement for a train station, too.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby Tautochrone » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:19 am

This section that runs through THP needs to be rerouted as we are not participating in the WRN and do not wish for it to go through our property. The one to the north of Maldechem's home (to my knowledge) has already been rerouted so no three's no issue there (beyond a simple update of the map if you want to be super accurate).

Thanks.
Tautochrone

Postby MrPalmer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 am

That map is slightly out of date, but I will and I assume V2 will avoid going underneath THP land.

Edited for words.
Last edited by MrPalmer on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
MrPalmer

Postby yourebadgetmad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:25 am

He can't attemptto not tunnel under, he must not tunnel under. He does not have our permission. It's not a question of attempting not to; there's a lot of land to go around.

Thank you for your cooperation Western Tunnel People.
yourebadgetmad

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Tautochrone wrote:Hmmm, maybe we can utilize some of the space in THP's building for that "station just outside of spawn"? We're planning on putting a station there anyways for our "inter-THP system". I'll talk with the other guys about this.

Tautochrone wrote:
Jiibrael wrote:The point at that time, and it still holds, is that if any rail line is going through The Order's underground, it'll have to follow a path (under Avalon and Annwyn) that we'll draw so it doesn't interfere with existing and planned projects. That's all. Other than that we'll be happy to contribute.

The same holds true for for THP :)

You said these things while back and never came back with a response so I assumed you guys were participating. That's why the tunnel goes below THP. If you really don't want to participate, why didn't you say earlier? Instead of waiting for some drama to start between us. It being unable to go below THP really messes some things up. THP just isn't some small obstacle that can easily be avoided. Anyways, I thought THP was gone?
V2DISCOUNT

Postby walkersgaming » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

They come back at just the right (or wrong) times ;)
walkersgaming

Postby Tautochrone » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm

V2DISCOUNT wrote:You said these things while back and never came back with a response so I assumed you guys were participating. That's why the tunnel goes below THP. If you really don't want to participate, why didn't you say earlier? Instead of waiting for some drama to start between us. It being unable to go below THP really messes some things up. THP just isn't some small obstacle that can easily be avoided. Anyways, I thought THP was gone?

You realize that the 2nd quote you have there is saying that if a tunnel is going to go through THP then we will decide what path it takes, right?

The first quote said that I would talk to the other guys about it. That was a while ago and obviously I forgot to get back to you on it. Normally one would remind the person and ask for a response...not take it upon themselves to dictate where it goes on someone's property. This has nothing to do with last night, it is no different than what happened when maldechem dug under our property without asking.

Just ask.

Edit: and yes, when I posted that 6 or 7 weeks ago we were planning on participating. Seeing as how this is the 2nd time during this project where people have either dug a tunnel or just assumed they could dig a tunnel through our property without bothering to ask the owners of said property we've decided that this is a project that we no longer wish to be a part of. You'll have to adjust your assumptions accordingly.
Last edited by Tautochrone on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tautochrone

PreviousNext

Return to Organizations