The Gaian Empire

Make a topic for your group here

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

The Gaian Empire

Postby kmandyisaboss » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 am

The Gaian Empire

Hello people of the MC forums! I am Kmandy! Emperor of the Gaian Empire. Lord Regent of the Dominion. I welcome you to our thread, and invite you to join us.

We in the Gaian Empire pride ourselves on being a democracy, and as a result have decided to open up our doors to foreigners (people from off our main server) for the first time ever! It helps that we just went through a period of steep decline (due to a merger with really mixed results) and are now making a strong recovery. We just need the manpower and resources to turn this once great kingdom, into a thriving Empire.

We aim to create one massive formal city, with is a sprawling trade empire. From here we will build up and spread our influence across the many servers!

Membership

Fill out the Application below and PM it to Kmandy

General Information
-In-Game Name:
-Names of all alternate accounts:
-Age (doesn't matter I just want to know what I'm dealing with):
-Do you accept them the server rules and the rules of TGE?
-What organizations have you been in in the past? Not necessarily on this server
-Are you currently in an organization? If its on another server bring friends.
-Why do you wish to join TGE?
-Are you a better PvPer or builder?
-Do you cheat?
-Have you ever cheated in any game, ever? If so, explain.

Building Experience

-What's the most impressive structure you've built? If any?
-What makes it unique?
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your knowledge of redstone circuits and machinery?
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your overall building skill?

PvP Knowledge

-What would you consider to be the best sword, currently obtainable, for PvP? (Explain why you chose the enchants you did, but did not choose others)
-What would you consider to be the best armor for PvP? (Explain why you chose the enchants you did, but did not choose others)
-List the types and amounts of potions/other PvP items you would normally have on you and why you choose to use those consumables and not others.
-What do you know about redstone weaponry? If nothing leave this completely blank. And don't mention to anyone that I'm interested in it... at all. Seriously if you mention it I am royally screwed.
-Are you interested in enlisting in the Grand Gaian Army?

Ranks

The Emperor: Kmandy

He's the big cheese, the head honcho. Responsible for all the functions of TKG and the operation of the districts. Also in charge of foreign policy. Head of the Gaian Imperial Party.

The General: (TBone2724)

The co-leader, and advisor on all things defence and PVP related. Also responsible for the initiation ceremonies.

The Party Leaders: (Lord Visari),

These are exactly what their titles say. They lead the political parties within the parliament. However, their power applies only to those within their party, or their party's field of influence, and they still answer to the Emperor and the General. They can also be ousted from their position of party leader by the people within their parties (The Emperor can intervene if he wishes). So far the party leaders (and their parties) are as follows:

The Gaian Imperial Party: Kmandy
The International Shadosianist Party: EmperorVisari

In order to set up a party send me a PM

The Council and MGPs

The council:

The councils are Officials originally instated by the Emperor or negotiated during mergers but once their district reaches 6 players they may come up for re-election every month. The elections for the position will be held every month.

Logging/Farming district: Chopping dem trees and planting dem crops. Lead by (Piethingey)

Commerce: Trading and defending the vault. Involved in the lending of diamonds for interest and trading with villagers. Lead by [vacant]

Enchanting/Knowledge: Responsible for the ownership of the grinder, manufacturing of potions and production of enchanted books. Also required to experiment with Redstone from time to time. Lead by (TBone2724)

Industry: Responsible for the sorting of things and stuff. Also responsible for majority of Redstone. Lead by (NyteWarrior)

Mining District: Miners. Lead by Mallik

The MGPs:

The "Members of the Gaian Parliament" are slightly below the council in terms of authority, and their positions are far less easily secured. At first we will have just one of these for every district. They will be (as with the council) negotiated at first, but once the district they represent reaches five members they will come up for election every three weeks. Once their district reaches 9 people they will be given two elected representatives. If they reach fifteen, three. From this point they get a representative for every 5 members within their district.

The initiated

TKG's "upper class" so to say. They are the people who passed the initiaton (more on that later). They have special access to certain facilities and areas that other members do not, such as the villager farm and "war room".

The uninitiated

Those who have not taken or passed the trails. They live in the lower area of the city, rarely entering the upper area.

Rules (with added "thou shalt"s):
1.Thou shalt not steal from other members of the clan.
2. Thou shalt not cuss out other members of he clan or elsewhere.
3. Thou shalt respect the rules of whatever server we're on.
4. Thou shalt not kill other members of the clan or our allies.
5. Thou shalt always remember to floss!
6. Thou shalt leave us all your stuff on all servers you were with us on when retiring.

Failure to comply with these rules may result in being thrown out of the clan
Last edited by kmandyisaboss on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kmandyisaboss

Re: The Gaian Empire

Postby ABB13 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Do I need to fill it out again?
Abbé:)
ABB13

Postby piethingey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:17 am

Abb's back like all other VC players who try to quit.
Kmandy could I join but stay in Yellow? And do I need to fill out an app.?
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby kmandyisaboss » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I would appreciate if all who are interested in staying or joining The Empire fill out the application, if only to have an official record of your membership. Also, yes you may remain in another faction Pie.
kmandyisaboss

Postby ABB13 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:12 am

General Information
-In-Game Name: ABB13
-Names of all alternate accounts on Vanillacraft: Cliff_Jumper123
-Age (doesn't matter I just want to know what I'm dealing with): 11
-Do you accept them the server rules and the rules of TKG?Obviously
-What organizations have you been in in the past? Not necessarily on this server TKG, The Companions
-Are you currently in an organization? If its on another server bring friends. Nu uh
-Why do you wish to join TKG?#itsswaggy
-Are you a better PvPer or builder?None, good at mining though :D
-Do you cheat? No sir
-Have you ever cheated in any game, ever? If so, explain. The sims 3 to get infinite money

Building Experience

-What's the most impressive structure you've built on Vanillacraft? If any? Farming district?
-What makes it unique?It was built by me
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your knowledge of redstone circuits and machinery? I can make red stone torches, so 10
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your overall building skill? 2 I can build cobblestone walls

PvP Knowledge

-What would you consider to be the best sword, currently obtainable, for PvP? (Explain why you chose the enchants you did, but did not choose others) Diamond sword, fire 2, sharp 5, unbreak 3 a name that mocks gogys
-What would you consider to be the best armor for PvP? (Explain why you chose the enchants you did, but did not choose others) Diamond, prot 4, un break 3, feather falling 4
-List the types and amounts of potions/other PvP items you would normally have on you and why you choose to use those consumables and not others. Erm, strength, instant health, weakness, invis, swiftness
-Are you interested in enlisting in the Gaian PVP force? if I have to
ABB13

Postby Cossack » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:44 pm

-In-Game Name: Cossack263
-Names of all alternate accounts on Vanillacraft: N/A
-Age (doesn't matter I just want to know what I'm dealing with): You should know…
-Do you accept them the server rules and the rules of TKG? Yes and No
-What organizations have you been in in the past? TKG, 24D, Free Masons, NSA etc
-Are you currently in an organization? All of the above minus 24D
-Why do you wish to join TKG? For it is written in the scrolls
-Are you a better PvPer or builder? PvPer Builder
-Do you cheat? No
-Have you ever cheated in any game, ever? Life, Many Paradox Interactive Games

Building Experience

-What's the most impressive structure you've built on Vanillacraft? Dirt Shack
-What makes it unique? It is made from 100% genuine dirt unlike other fakes
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your knowledge of redstone circuits and machinery? 11
-On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your overall building skill? Albert Speer-esq

PvP Knowledge

-What would you consider to be the best sword, currently obtainable, for PvP? Diamond Hoe
-What would you consider to be the best armor for PvP? Half used leather armour
-List the types and amounts of potions/other PvP items you would normally have on you and why you choose to use those consumables and not others? Too much to state
-Are you interested in enlisting in the Gaian PVP force? That is why we have peasants. So that is a no.
Cossack
Controlling Kmandy's brain since the start of time

Cossack

Postby kmandyisaboss » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

The Trials:

These will decided those who are initiated in a (hopefully) bad-ass and mysterious initiation ceremony. The Trials consist of three challenges. They will be done with two people or more at once to add an extra air of competition. The one who completes all five challenges will get in.

Trial one: The Run

A basic test of your ability to travel across terrain. Will consist of a run from Shrine Chaos (or a similar point) to the green faction gate (will change next map) in badly damaged leather armour, with nothing for food but a stack of spider eyes.

Trial two: The parkour course (only applies next map)

A challenging parkour course up an artificial or just obscenely large natural hill.

Trial three: The Puzzle

The player will be given a task that requires some problem solving.

Trial four: The duel

The initiates will be required to fight to the death in a small arena in the nether.

Trial five: Mystery challenge

Can be anything, meant to be a complete surprise. All I will say is that it will be based upon your skills mentioned in the application, and your performance in the trials.

Then there's an initiation ceremony.

BENEFITS OF INITIATION:

Reduction in tax. (Members are normally required to hand over 1 in 8 metals they own every two weeks, initiated members will be required to only provide 1 in 12).
Mild authority over the uninitiated. Should there be no council members or king present the initiated will have the ability to give orders based on previous instructions. In times of emergency they are required to lead uninitiated to safety.
Access to restricted areas of the city. This applies more to the next map.
Lower rent on apartments.

Official TGE rules coming soon.

Any criticisms or questions about the trials and benefits of initiation send to me via PM.
kmandyisaboss

Postby BirdBrainf4 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Looking forward to being part of TGE!
BirdBrainf4

Postby donkyslayer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:11 am

-In-Game Name: donkyslayer
-Names of all alternate accounts on Vanillacraft:just donkyslayer
-Age (doesn't matter I just want to know what I'm dealing with): 14
-Do you accept them the server rules and the rules of TKG? i do
-What organizations have you been in in the past? Not necessarily on this server
-Are you currently in an organization? If its on another server bring friends. idk?
-Why do you wish to join TKG? my friends birdbrain and tbone are joining and i wish to help anyway
-Are you a better PvPer or builder? builder
-Do you cheat? no
-Have you ever cheated in any game, ever? If so, explain.
donkyslayer

Postby piethingey » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:09 am

In game name: piethingey
Alt Accounts: None, Zip, 0, Nada
Do you accept the rules of TKG: Why would I be applying if I didn't
What organizations have you been in prior to TKG: Almost all of 'em on VC
Are you currently in an organization: No
Why do you want to join TKG: It'll be good to be back with you and abb, I also want to be in an org. with active players.
PvP or Building: Mining, or PvPing where I'm OPed and everyone else has no armor
Do you cheat: No I do not. I learned my lesson.
Have you ever cheated in any game: Well, when I play SP in Minecraft, I tend to use the cheats menu a lot when I'm stuck. I also like watching LPs on YouTube to find out how to complete a level/thing/gun/kill

Building:
Most impressive structure: PvP museum/Legion Iron farm in V4
What would I rate them: 11 of 10
Why is it impressive: Why is TKG impressive
Building skills: 4 of 10. I can craft most stuff
Redstone skills: -5 of 10. No, just no.

Best sword for PvP: Wood with Sharp V, Flame II, Knock II, Unbreak III. A name that sounds Swaggilicious
Best amour for PvP: Leather, can't argue with the basics
Potions: Strength II, Gapples, Instahealth II, Regen II, Splash Damage II
Am I interested in the Gaian PvP Force: Is this a dictatorship?
Osmos wrote:It's like Minecraft took LSD to the eye, confused with eye-drops, because it smoked a lot of weed after drinking a nice 6 pack of beer. It's great.
piethingey

Postby kmandyisaboss » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome both of you! :D

Again anyone interested in leadership of a district just send me a PM with a small account of your plans and an example of you work. Thanks guys! Will post some screenies of the progress of the Sanctum.
kmandyisaboss

Postby Donutman52 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 am

piethingey wrote: What organizations have you been in prior to TKG: Almost all of 'em on VC

First of all you have only been in a little more than half of the ones in yellow. And I'm pretty sure you've never been in any clan outside of yellow. Soooo, you might wanna rethink that
Donutman52

Postby ABB13 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Soooooooooo you might wanna not take apps seriously, like look at mine dude
ABB13

Postby piethingey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Donutman52 wrote:
piethingey wrote: What organizations have you been in prior to TKG: Almost all of 'em on VC

First of all you have only been in a little more than half of the ones in yellow. And I'm pretty sure you've never been in any clan outside of yellow. Soooo, you might wanna rethink that

That's only this map. Last map I was in Legion, TKG, La Selva, and was in Arcation for a day (not really, I was just derping around with walkers and gogyst.)
piethingey

Postby ABB13 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:16 pm

So what kinda style buildings we going for next map??
ABB13

Postby piethingey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I wanna find a cool Hills Biome next to a ocean/beach and make a "stilted" medieval style village. That's what I wanna build.
piethingey

Postby ABB13 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Yeah, I shown kmandy around mine and dr_drk's super secret red stone powered under ground base, and his words were "we're definitely having this on v6" 8-)
ABB13

Postby kmandyisaboss » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Just to clarify, Pie is semi-right. The capitol will have medieval style builds. The districts styles will be up to the district leaders. Again, if you want to lead a district next map, private message me your plans for whichever district you want to join. Otherwise I'll have to start picking on people :P
kmandyisaboss

Postby kmandyisaboss » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Okay a quick update. First of all, welcome TBone to the council for control of Knowledge district. That's half the council full guys! Please apply if you have plans for any of the districts!

Next, I'd like to ask all TGE members to come to shrine Stilbon (-3000 -3000) on Saturday 27th october at around 8:00pm GMT to work on the Gaian Sanctum (pictures coming once I get home). Bring as much cobble, spruce/birch wood and coal as you can, and Stone bricks if you can.

Also, I'd like to announce an event that I am planning, the "Unnamed game that involves political coups and convoluted shit!" I will post the details once I get home.
kmandyisaboss

Postby TBone27 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 pm

kmandyisaboss wrote:First of all, welcome TBone to the council for control of Knowledge district.

Thanks Kmandy Im really excited to work besides you I wont let you down
TBone27

Next

Return to Organizations