Filling the gap.

Everything else.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Filling the gap.

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm just wondering what people have been doing in place of Vanillacraft. Many of you have probably discovered the outside, read a book or got on with life. I have done none of those things and have resorted to watching Dave. Nothing beats hours of TV that you have seen before!
V2DISCOUNT

Re: Filling the gap.

Postby Tassadar631 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:40 am

D&D and feeling all nostalgic every time I hear the word "vanilla".
Don't get upsetti, have some spaghetti.
Tassadar631

Postby Scrumpingpup » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm going to college this year so I am really exited. Just enjoying life atm!

"Mexico upside down is... Wexico"
- Bebeman123 while extremely high.
Scrumpingpup

Postby RayTunes » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:18 pm

I mean, I stopped playing very intensely with v5, not really a big part of my day or anything, just a game to play 1-2 hours in the evening.

Other than that, I've lost a few pounds, stopped dressing like a spoiled white tourist and made some effort to stop sounding like a pretentious asshole whenever music is mentioned, so yeah, s'been alright in some ways.
RayTunes

Postby bos34ton » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 am

Scrumpingpup wrote:I'm going to college this year so I am really exited. Just enjoying life atm!

Take a moment and reflect on whatever "fun" the you've had prior to college.
Now think about the fact that college is about to make all of that look like a waste of time.
bos34ton

Postby RayTunes » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:22 am

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if five years from now I still get most of my "fun" out of pulling all-nighters where I listen to a bunch of hipstery music and start talking nonsense because i've been up for 20 hours.
RayTunes

Postby Astro » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I've found a lot of fun in writing (see General Discussion - shameless plug over), running, hiking and fitness, computer programming, and playing other games too. Nice to see people still around here though.
Cheers lads, but I'm off.
Astro

Postby kmandyisaboss » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Astro and I have gotten together like 5 other writers and we're working on a massive crossover. Outside of revision this is what occupies my time: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/sh ... over-story

Yeah, shameless plug.

Other than that I started playing Oblivion again on the PC.
kmandyisaboss

Postby deathpebbles1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 am

Been playing a lot of War Thunder. Moved across the country from NY to Oregon. Upgraded my laptop, new GPU card and SSD. SSD's make such a huge difference I cannot even begin to express...

Uh. Oh.

And Starbound!! Starbound is fantastic. It's like Terraria if Terraria was in outer space and you had space ships and it's not boring and there's 5000000 billion different worlds and stuff and ahhh

Yeah it's a good game. I would highly recommend it if you liked Terraria even in the slightest.
deathpebbles1

Postby Vacar » Fri May 01, 2015 7:54 am

I'm going to college this year so I am really exited.

I agree, when I went to college I really felt like I was exiting life too.
Vacar

Postby imkofirules » Fri May 01, 2015 8:41 pm

How about the leftover members of VC go to IHOP?

Make sure it's a good one, though. I recently went to one in Florida, and let me tell you... The bananas were half-rotten (I like the strawberry banana stack) Also, this might be just in my head, but the pancakes consistency felt weird, like they weren't done all the way. Yuck.
imkofirules

Postby RayTunes » Sat May 02, 2015 3:00 am

iHop is where all the lowlife scum go that realise they don't fit in with the higher class of Denny's.
RayTunes

Postby imkofirules » Thu May 07, 2015 5:19 am

Bite your fucking tongue right now, you devil! That might be a good idea Ray, if all of the members here were suicidal. How about you go to Denny's with all of your other mutant sewer-dwelling friends. We'll be enjoying the superior breakfast restaurant.

No, but seriously. Maybe I would compare the two if Denny's actually had a menu! When I go to iHop it's all about the pancakes to me, that's what I like. Does Denny's even have a meal that is centered around pancakes? I love you! PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!
imkofirules

Postby SwordOfLegend » Tue May 12, 2015 2:57 am

I've mostly been preparing for college which starts in august for me. I think I figured out what laptop I'll get before I go there, its a Sager with an i7 and a 980m in it which is really nice. I've gotten back into playing around with my playstation 2, and I've been playing some mtg on the weekends recently.
SwordOfLegend

Postby Wiggycat314 » Tue May 12, 2015 7:34 pm

I've been working a lot. I should have joined college last year, but I decided I was going to enlist into the Navy to become a nuclear engineer before going to college. After almost a year of working at burger king, the recruiters told me that due to some stuff, they weren't going to accept me. I've sent in all my application letters for college now though.
Wiggycat314

Postby Lvb2 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Hey guys not sure if too many people remember me, but I'm back! Idk how many people took it seriously, but Kofi posted this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1461 . No, Kofi is not my son, but I do have a daughter! Her name is Akenya, and she is one of the most beautiful babies I've seen, and even though I'm biased lol. It's been great for these past 8 months, and I'm looking forward to awesome new experiences with you guys on VC MKII!!
Last edited by Lvb2 on Sat May 23, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lvb2

Postby RayTunes » Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 am

I thought you were around 17-18 years old Lvb.
or well, I guess that could still be true.
RayTunes

Postby XXmj5280XX » Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 am

school, lots of school GTA 5, CS:GO, war thunder, various sports, minecraft. So... yeah
XXmj5280XX

Postby Lvb2 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:41 am

RayTunes wrote:Image
I thought you were around 17-18 years old Lvb.
or well, I guess that could still be true.

Yup. I'm 17, going to be 18 in December. Unfortunately not everyone is too familiar with condoms in their first times using it :|
Lvb2

Postby gbaman » Sat May 23, 2015 1:25 pm

I on the other hand have been doing a bit of teaching with classes in a local secondary school using Minecraft for the past 4 months to teach programming using MinecraftEDU and Computercraftedu :)

I am also now a Minecraftedu certified educator/trainer and next month will be delivering Minecraftedu teacher training in a number of schools.
You know, as you do.

For this type of thing, you can't just turn up and fire up Minecraft. There is a lot of prep work involved with building worlds, writing student documentation and putting together lesson plans. It eats a lot more time than you would think!

Plus, been enjoying a bit of OpenTTD, is an excellent game.
gbaman

Next

Return to Off Topic