Redstone Stuff

Everything else.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Redstone Stuff

Postby Wiggycat314 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Hey, so I designed a redstone circuit pictured above that might be of use to some people. I haven't seen this anywhere else before. From what I can tell, it has a good number of potential uses. Basically, the bottom line of what it does is that it turns a button into a lever, but has more benefits which I explain further below.

So at the start, power is given to the first red output of the circuit. When the button is pressed below the green line, it will disconnect power given to the first red output and power will be diverted to the second red output.

At the start
After pressed one time. Pressing another time will bring it back to the first picture

By pressing the button again, power will be disconnected from the second output and will be given back to the first output. This is achieved with the breakers (I had no idea what to call them). The breakers infinitely send power in a circle and keep the outputs powered. Power is also diverted to a piston in the light blue 1 line that connects the second circuit so that the next time the button is pressed, it will bring the power to the second circuit. When power is given to breaker 1, the purple 1 line is activated and power is given to the piston which disconnects breaker 2. Because the purple 1 line is not connected to breaker 1, power is lost when the button disconnects and won't stay powered, allowing breaker 2 to repeat it's process when power is given again when the button is pressed another time.

Uses:
What you see above is the base circuit, it can be tweaked and edited to do many things. One of the more useful things I think it can do is make hidden piston doors activated by buttons stay open, but also have an infinite number of buttons that can be pressed to open and close the doors. For this, you'd only require one of the outputs to power the door on and off. As long as each button added to the circuit is connected to the green line, it will power the circuit and any button can be pressed in any sequence and it won't jam the circuit.

Another use I've found is a calendar. By tweaking the circuit to enable a constant source of power over a longer period of time (The circuit as it is above can only work with a button because it needs to have power disconnected after a second or two from the button in order to complete it's process), you can add a daylight sensor. Additionally, you can add more breakers and have the outputs power redstone lamps. With the passing of each day, the power will be diverted to the next light down the line. Here's an example of adding more breakers to the circuit

(Obviously this is a very spaced out circuit and can be compressed much more)

Because timing is absolutely necessary for it to work (Each different line needs to be activated in a certain sequential order), the repeaters can get a little complicated. If you think you have a use for this circuit in the next map (When it comes out), I could help you out with installing it
Wiggycat314

Re: Redstone Stuff

Postby walkersgaming » Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 pm

http://imgur.com/a/RUlI6

This is my compact version i made for a guy on reddit a while back.
walkersgaming

Postby MrLittleKitty » Wed May 20, 2015 10:30 pm

The type of circuit you are describing is a T-Flip-Flop.

They come in lots of various compact sizes.
MrLittleKitty

Postby Wiggycat314 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:29 pm

MrLittleKitty wrote:The type of circuit you are describing is a T-Flip-Flop.

They come in lots of various compact sizes.

Thanks for clarifying. I have found much smaller ones now that I know it's an already-made circuit with a name.
Wiggycat314

Return to Off Topic