The end of an era.

The end of an era.

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Tldr; For over 4 years I have had a hand in the running of Vanillacraft, today I've finally gotten to the point where I'm bitter enough to close down.

I'm not the best writer so this will have to do, I've written something similar to this post a few times in the past how ever today is the day that I actually post it.

When I first came to VC minecraft was a brand new game, in fact I think the multiplier aspect was younger than a month old. In that time I've made a great many friends and I am very grateful for the time that we enjoyed playing Minecraft. Minecraft was truly a revolutionary game, it's ideas have changed how people make games. Who would have thought that the simple concept of building things out of one meter square blocks would have made such a hit. The very thing that made minecraft so good was also it's main downfall in my opinion. Everyone will agree that the game got stale, things didn't change it was just the same thing. Well after 1 year I basically stopped playing the game, when Void closed the server I got the urge to play again, it lasted about 6 months and since then Epsilon and I have been paying for the server to continue. Neither of us had any desire to play the game anymore (at least in vanilla form), the sad fact is running the server is what killed our love for the game. You can see this happen time and time again with our mod staff and I don't blame them, its terrible to feel obligated to log in and help people. I would like to thank everybody for all of the memories, this has truly been a great ride but this is where I tell you that I will be stopping normal operation of the server tonight. Perhaps if there is enough interest I'll post the maps, but the plugins and database will not be released to anyone. If someone wants to organize a send off party for the server, I'd be willing to turn it back on for that.

If people really want this to be a multi-game gaming community, I'm willing to set up the forums to do so. However I would like people to volunteer to be global mods if this is to be a thing. I will also continue to host the teamspeak server, and web server indefinitely. I will also be willing to make new channels for other games that are permanent.
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Re: The end of an era.

Postby Ryan00793 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:05 pm

This is where to discuss this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1434
Saving the world from good posting, one post at a time.
Ryan00793
Site Admin

Return to News