Hello all! MasterChief here.

Moderators: Moderators, Administrative Mods

Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MasterChief » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello all! My name is MasterChief. My Minecraft in game name is "MasterChief". I joined this server as the hub server I play on does not have a "survival multiplayer" server. So I hopped on here as the name intrigued me and I was quite curious. I only been on the forums for a single day so far and I have been on the server for at least 2-3 days. I hope I'm welcomed on the server by the staff and the player base. That's about all I'm willing to share atm. If you guys got any questions I'm more than happy to answer them for you. Till other words MasterChief out.

***Also I didn't know where I should make this so I posted this here. If this is however in the wrong place then I would like to apologize.***
Image
User avatar
MasterChief
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Don't worry, it's posted in the right place. Welcome to our server! Nice to see new players using the forums. :)

(ps. Your name is very fitting with my signature. :))
Image
User avatar
V2DISCOUNT
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: The North Bit of Ireland.

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MasterChief » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 pm

V2DISCOUNT wrote:Don't worry, it's posted in the right place. Welcome to our server! Nice to see new players using the forums. :)

(ps. Your name is very fitting with my signature. :))

I've noticed. Are you perhaps a halo fan then? Or did you put that together as it does seem very clever.
Image
User avatar
MasterChief
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby glibby » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Welcome! Like V2 above me, I am also a fan of Halo. I saw you in-game the other day, I think.
Image
User avatar
glibby
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 pm
Location: Selling my soul to Dr. Shirley Jackson

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby V2DISCOUNT » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm

MasterChief wrote:
V2DISCOUNT wrote:Don't worry, it's posted in the right place. Welcome to our server! Nice to see new players using the forums. :)

(ps. Your name is very fitting with my signature. :))

I've noticed. Are you perhaps a halo fan then? Or did you put that together as it does seem very clever.


Yeah I am a halo fan. As far as the images go, I googled for them ( :oops: ). I'm surprised you managed to get the name without having to put numbers after it.
Image
User avatar
V2DISCOUNT
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: The North Bit of Ireland.

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby bos34ton » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Welcome to VanillaCraft MasterChief!
Be sure to read that book in your inventory and ask any questions if you have them!

Oh wait, we're not in game... Seriously though, welcome! I'm glad to see a new guy join the forums and introduce themselves :)
Image
User avatar
bos34ton
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: Wild West

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MrPalmer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 am

Obligatory Public Alt Annoucement

SHADOWSCREED
Ranzer_Varak
Image
SwordOfLegend kindly made this for me
User avatar
MrPalmer
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am

Did he want that done or did you just blow up his spot for no reason?
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Vacar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:58 am

Having alts to manipulate people is bullshit. No exceptions.

He could have logged into one of his other accounts that are known and started playing again. There's no excuse for pretending you are a new player and tricking people.
Image
User avatar
Vacar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 am

Speaking as someone who has attempted to do it twice, there's often times a reason for it such as wanting a fresh start or playing without the drama of being known by certain players. I can certainly understand the desire to be anonymous when your actions of the past continue to cloud your perception in the present and future. It's not a sign of cowardice and I doubt it was meant with any hostility.

Everyone enjoys the chance to reinvent themselves. It's like changing schools in a new state, nobody knows you so you can be whoever you want to be.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Vacar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:15 am

I actually talked to Shadow on TeamSpeak when I found out it was him. I don't believe this was meant to be harmful, but he kept telling people how bad he was at PVP then completely wrecked. Not to mention he's used alts to hack, grief, etc. in the past on other servers.

I like Shadow, but there's no reason he can't log on with his normal account. I know you had alts to try and change your persona, but there was a huge amount of lying and bullshit surrounding Atreidon when you had it. Alternate accounts are no good.
Last edited by Vacar on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Vacar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Tautochrone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 am

MadDogT994 wrote:It's not a sign of cowardice...

...Everyone enjoys the chance to reinvent themselves. It's like changing schools in a new state, nobody knows you so you can be whoever you want to be.


Being someone other than yourself is a symptom of being too afraid to stand up and own who you are. Hence, coward.
Image
User avatar
Tautochrone
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 am

You guys take a videogame much too seriously... It's akin to making a new character on WoW in my mind.

@V, you mention his past hacking and griefing, that sounds like a reason to take on a new name in my book if a person wanted to play with people he knows again.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Vacar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:25 am

The fact that the 3 of us combined have around 2500 posts on this forum should already prove that.

Saying you take a video game too seriously is completely admitting you can't defend your points.

@MD You need to live up your consequences. You shouldn't be able to get second chances just because you buy another account. He wasn't even banned or disliked; there was zero reason to pretend to be another player.
Image
User avatar
Vacar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 am

Of course I can defend my points, but you've got a solidly held belief based on your posts and I simply won't address the other post, so what's the point? I'll give it a shot though.

What consequences? What's the harm in playing with an alt, even if he is lying to people and claiming to not be good at PvP, etc.

My firsth alt, Rathmoore, was exposed early on and made it a useless waste of money. If I wanted to actually play without dealing with drama, I had to pretend to be someone else. It didn't work perfectly, but I got a few months of enjoyment out of it before my spot was completely blown up as well. It had nothing to do with second chances, I even continued playing as MadDogT994 at the time before moving solely to Atreidon for a while.

My point in this post is what's the problem? So he lied about who he was, that's his decision isn't it? Why expose him and make certain that we've lost yet another player? He wanted to come on and play as MasterChief, a new player to the server. Let him! It does not matter at all unless another account of his was banned, right?

It's not like we all run around with our real names above our head and know each other personally.


Oh, and just to add to it, it's probable we'll be able to change our names soon and with UUID's likely only being known to the server and Staff, we're going to have to deal with people who change their names without any of us knowing unless we're told.
Last edited by MadDogT994 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MadDogT994 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:33 am

Anyway, what's done is done. I just hope it doesn't mean we lost someone.
User avatar
MadDogT994
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MasterChief » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 am

Vacar wrote:I actually talked to Shadow on TeamSpeak when I found out it was him. I don't believe this was meant to be harmful, but he kept telling people how bad he was at PVP then completely wrecked. Not to mention he's used alts to hack, grief, etc. in the past on other servers.

I like Shadow, but there's no reason he can't log on with his normal account. I know you had alts to try and change your persona, but there was a huge amount of lying and bullshit surrounding Atreidon when you had it. Alternate accounts are no good.

Actually I forgot the passwords to them Lol decided to make a new one cause I aint going to bother getting new passwords.
Image
User avatar
MasterChief
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Vacar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:15 am

Alright, well now that you are known, hopefully you stick around. I know for a fact you're fantastic at PVP, so it should be awesome to see some more competition.
Image
User avatar
Vacar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby MasterChief » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:23 am

Vacar wrote:I actually talked to Shadow on TeamSpeak when I found out it was him. I don't believe this was meant to be harmful, but he kept telling people how bad he was at PVP then completely wrecked. Not to mention he's used alts to hack, grief, etc. in the past on other servers.

I like Shadow, but there's no reason he can't log on with his normal account. I know you had alts to try and change your persona, but there was a huge amount of lying and bullshit surrounding Atreidon when you had it. Alternate accounts are no good.

Aha.... And I thought you were a good friend. Sadly I'm disappointed in that aspect. Also when you say "normal account" What on earth do you mean by that? I hated the name "SHADOWSCREED". So I bought alts to get a name I like. I wanted to start off new cause most people hated me. It did feel good being "new" until you had to freaking crush that. Now everyone will see me being a "maniplative" and "lieing" bastard from here on out. So I might take my leave from this server. Also seeing how I can't trust you anymore. I won't view you as a good friend anymore. To be honest maddog so far has been a better friend than most of arcation has been to me. So Vacar you can forget about me and you talking ever again and I'm going to remove you and most of arcation from my skype and steam. I see now that friendship means practically nothing with you guys.
Image
User avatar
MasterChief
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Hello all! MasterChief here.

Postby Vacar » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 am

Personally I think you are really overreacting.

I haven't said anything that wasn't true. I've never enjoyed people using alternate accounts and you already know this. Judging by your response it seems like you're using Maddog's responses to play the victim, however you never intended on actually coming back. Even if you did, if this is all it takes to leave the server then you most likely didn't intend on staying anyway.

Hopefully you brush this off and play as Shadow, because everybody liked him even if you think they didn't. You have my Steam if you really want to talk this over, or I can get a hold of you on Arcation's Teamspeak. This shouldn't be a big deal.
Image
User avatar
Vacar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

Next

Return to Archived topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron